Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 68 123451151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 672

Thread: No British National anthem at the Irish Cup final

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member vivabrigada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    20,276
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default No British National anthem at the Irish Cup final

    I have a ticket for the Irish Cup final, any other cup finals I have been at Cliftonville fans booed during the "Queen".
    BBC Sport - National Anthem dropped for Irish Cup final
    The BBC are reporting that it will not be played this year.
    If anyone thinks this belongs in the sport section, just wait until Unionist politician release their fury!

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member devonish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North Down
    Posts
    3,677
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Enjoy, I don't follow local soccer but this seems like a sensible move. Have a bit of a soft spot for the Glens dating back to when Jim Cleary played for them.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    22,153
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vivabrigada View Post
    I have a ticket for the Irish Cup final, any other cup finals I have been at Cliftonville fans booed during the "Queen".
    BBC Sport - National Anthem dropped for Irish Cup final
    The BBC are reporting that it will not be played this year.
    If anyone thinks this belongs in the sport section, just wait until Unionist politician release their fury!
    2 tkts secured viva. . See you there.
    #3amigos

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member SgtBilko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,323
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vivabrigada View Post
    I have a ticket for the Irish Cup final, any other cup finals I have been at Cliftonville fans booed during the "Queen".
    BBC Sport - National Anthem dropped for Irish Cup final
    The BBC are reporting that it will not be played this year.
    If anyone thinks this belongs in the sport section, just wait until Unionist politician release their fury!
    Irish Cup Final? What's that?

    *jealous Ards fan*

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    skintown
    Posts
    45,055
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Dev I used to play street footy with Jim...

    Viv and Tipp do youse want to meet up for a pint?!!

    When the Glens,
    Go up,
    To lift the Irish Cup,
    We'll be there,
    We'll be there,
    When the Glens,
    Go up,
    To lift the Irish Cup,
    Just tell them we'll be there!
    G-L-E-N-T-O-R-A-N...
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    8,201
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Fair play to the Irish Football Association, a sensible move.

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member theloner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Do town and country dwellers have radically different prospects?
    Posts
    9,616
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtBilko View Post
    Irish Cup Final? What's that?

    *jealous Ards fan*
    Feel your pain as a Forest fan. Incidently, the first time I saw Forest was against Crusaders at Seaview. One of the McDonald's testimonial (One of them passed away last year?). Stuart Pearce and Steve Stone played, I think *cough* Kingsley Black made the bench. I'm guessing '95.
    'Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness'.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member Ren84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Free Europe
    Posts
    49,865
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    It's a shame the Irish Cup and FAI Cup weren't the same.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member vivabrigada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    20,276
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    Dev I used to play street footy with Jim...

    Viv and Tipp do youse want to meet up for a pint?!!

    When the Glens,
    Go up,
    To lift the Irish Cup,
    We'll be there,
    We'll be there,
    When the Glens,
    Go up,
    To lift the Irish Cup,
    Just tell them we'll be there!
    G-L-E-N-T-O-R-A-N...
    Our buses leave from the Crumlin Star in Ardonye, cheap pints too if you fancy it?

    THERE'S ONLY ONE RED ARMY!

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member SgtBilko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,323
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theloner View Post
    Feel your pain as a Forest fan. Incidently, the first time I saw Forest was against Crusaders at Seaview. One of the McDonald's testimonial (One of them passed away last year?). Stuart Pearce and Steve Stone played, I think *cough* Kingsley Black made the bench. I'm guessing '95.
    Sounds like you were born a good 10 years too late to be a Forest fan? You missed those, 'never to return' glory years.

Page 1 of 68 123451151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •