Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: We're coming down the road...12th venues for 2013

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default We're coming down the road...12th venues for 2013

I know you're all dying with the anticipation, so here we go:

The 18 demonstrations on Friday, July 12, will be held in: Londonderry, Belfast, Glengormley, Carnlough, Ballymena Ahoghill, Magheragall, Rasharkin, Newtownhamilton, Bangor, Dundrum, Loughbrickland, Annalong, Ballinamallard, Magherafelt, Castlecaulfield, Donemana and Augher.

A Twelfth demonstration will be held in Rossnowlagh, Co Donegal, on Saturday, July 6.
    And as for the city of culture

The Twelfth in Londonderry has been chosen – in this a showcase year for the Maiden City – to provide an enhanced cultural experience as part of the biggest annual festival in Northern Ireland.
    Torn between our traditional Ballinamallard parade or Lononderry thsi year. Hopefully the weather will be good to us in Donegal, makes all the difference. Any Green p.iers going to take the plunge and risk life and limb?

Time to break in the new shoes!
    What have British in Ireland contributed to Ireland? Nothing of the scale that the Irish have contributed to Britain. - Runswithwind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Schomberg View Post
    I know you're all dying with the anticipation, so here we go:
    I hope you have a good time.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Once they keep their parades away from flashpoint Catholic areas, no issue with this. Hope all have an enjoyable time out and it boosts the local economy.

Why don't the Orange order hold parades in Monaghan and Cavan? Or do they and I am just ignorant of them?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Glaucon View Post
    Once they keep their parades away from flashpoint Catholic areas, no issue with this. Hope all have an enjoyable time out and it boosts the local economy.
    As if. Those bigots just cant help themselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Enjoy your cosplay. Don't over do it on the sweeties

Politics.ie Member Global Justice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It shows the inherent sectarian BS of these neanderthals that they want to hold parades at contentious areas and make CNRs 2nd class citizens for the duration of their hate-fests that they'd rather be heavily restricted and be provocative with their anti-catholic/Irish bile than do whatever the hell they want without restrictions in their own areas or on a beach or a back road

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Éamonn an Chnoic View Post
    Why don't the Orange order hold parades in Monaghan and Cavan? Or do they and I am just ignorant of them?
    some small church parades in Cavan, a lot of "picnics". It was the traditional pre 12th in my granddads time but it was moved to donegal. Monaghan as a few and a half decent sized one in Drum. Mostly Orange activities in those areas involve socials as opposed to parading. The Boyne parade is something that has potential to grow though it's the parade of just one lodge really.
    What have British in Ireland contributed to Ireland? Nothing of the scale that the Irish have contributed to Britain. - Runswithwind.

Politics.ie Member TiredOfBeingTired's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Éamonn an Chnoic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Schomberg View Post
    some small church parades in Cavan, a lot of "picnics".
    Picnics are fine provided you can keep some of those pesky Bears away.
    Sometimes there is very little between historical and hysterical. One passes for the other. In time, the former remains forever, the latter is quickly replaced...

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast