Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Croatia Will Join The EU in July 2013

Default Croatia Will Join The EU in July 2013

Accession of Croatia to the EU will take place on 1 July 2013. Croatia will also be obliged, god help us, to join the Eurozone in due course. Another bailout in the making. How much money did Irish banks sink into the Croatian property market so far?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWhatIMeanLike View Post
    Accession of Croatia to the EU will take place on 1 July 2013. Croatia will also be obliged god help us to join the Eurozone in due course. Another bailout in the making. How much money did Irish banks sink into the Croatian property market so far?
    The official currency of the European Union is the Euro and every member of the EU is supposed to strive towards joining.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

About bloody time should have joined in 2007. I would say it will be a while before the join the euro, I can see another Poland happening

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Croatia will also be obliged, god help us, to join the Eurozone in due course
    Obliged to join the Eurozone?

I presume you meant to say that they voluntarily and democratically decided to join both the EU and the Eurozone.

I mean, it's not like you're trying to tell lies or sensationalise things, is it?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    About bloody time should have joined in 2007. I would say it will be a while before the join the euro, I can see another Poland happening
    Given which country runs the EU, that should make Croatia very, very nervous.
    Regards...jmcc

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Tubbs View Post
    Obliged to join the Eurozone?

I presume you meant to say that they voluntarily and democratically decided to join both the EU and the Eurozone.

I mean, it's not like you're trying to tell lies or sensationalise things, is it?
    What are you on about? The EU doesn't do proper democracy.
    ''The tattoo has a profound meaning: the superficiality of modern manís existence.'' - Theodore Dalrymple

"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple." - Woody Guthrie

Quote Originally Posted by Mossy Heneberry View Post
    What are you on about? The EU doesn't do proper democracy.
    I think we all agree that there is a democratic deficit in the European Union.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

All democracies which join the EU do so by decision of democratically elected government.

When we joined we had an 80 pc vote in favour.

Since then we have taken membership for granted and forgot where we came from.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

And if you disagree, they'll ask you to vote again until you agree that the glorious Soviet^H^H^H^H European Union is democratic.
    Regards...jmcc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jaysus didn't take the Euro doomers long to overrun the thread with their silliness.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast