Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: AIB, EBS hikes mortgage variable interest rates by .4%

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default AIB, EBS hikes mortgage variable interest rates by .4%

New interest rate hikes for AIB, EBS and Haven customers - Independent.ie

Un-************************ing-believable. .4% as well, a fairly hefty rise, coming at a time when the only pressure on the underlying ECB rate is downwards. I am not a customer of these thanks be to jaysis, but I have many friends and family who are. And I presume that as they are a state owned bank that this would need to be cleared with their government handlers. So FG and Lab etc are A-OK with this. Just for whose benefit exactly is this country being run?

"Experts said today AIB was getting a rate hike in ahead of the ECBs next decision on rates."

MrFunkyZombaloo

AIB. Takes with one hand. And then takes with the other.

It's the gift that just keeps on.. eh... taking.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes the Banks must be made profitable. Time the taxpayer stopped funding mortgages.

That said Statutory redundancy was enough for those made redundant!

MrFunkyZombaloo

Quote Originally Posted by IbrahaimMohamad View Post
    Yes the Banks must be made profitable.
    Already tried. And failed. How many times must we make them profitable and at what cost?

Time the taxpayer stopped funding mortgages.
    You wish. There's more funding of mortgages and banks coming head-on down the tracks.

That said Statutory redundancy was enough for those made redundant!
    Tis a pity AIB wasn't made redundant.

The next time someone dares to use the term 'moral hazard' in my company...

Step forward, Mr Fergus Murphy, top man in EBS as it ran into the rocks. Where is he now?

Oh, here he is:

"AIB is making significant progress in returning to a stable banking model and must apply competitive pricing policies in order to make a return to profitability,'' commented the bank's director of products, Fergus Murphy.

''While AIB and EBS recognise that any increases are unwelcome for customers, we must ensure that mortgages are provided at a sustainable pricing level,'' he added.

It said that its variable rates have been at unsustainable levels relative to the cost of funding for several years, while EBS has not announced an increase in almost two years.

"AIB is making significant progress in returning to a stable banking model and must apply competitive pricing policies in order to make a return to profitability,'' commented the bank's director of products, Fergus Murphy.

''While AIB and EBS recognise that any increases are unwelcome for customers, we must ensure that mortgages are provided at a sustainable pricing level,'' he added.
    I have no money, but I love my life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Don't worry Inda said today he was going to cut Bankers pay,pity he wont vote against the BOI pay of its CEO first.

Just a bit of context for people complaining about the property tax, etc. In the last 18 months, AIB has raised the variable rate by 1.4 percentage points. In simple terms, for mugs like me, that means an increase of over €500 PER MONTH.

Yes, you read that correctly. PER MONTH.
    I have no money, but I love my life.

MrFunkyZombaloo

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    Just a bit of context for people complaining about the property tax, etc. In the last 18 months, AIB has raised the variable rate by 1.4 percentage points. In simple terms, for mugs like me, that means an increase of over €500 PER MONTH.

Yes, you read that correctly. PER MONTH.
    Puts it into perspective alright SIL. +1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toratoratora View Post
    "Experts said today AIB was getting a rate hike in ahead of the ECB’s next decision on rates."
    ECB could cut interest rates after German output falls | Business | The Guardian Yeah it's expected to drop. So effectively Irish banks just won't pass on the saving. I'm not sure why they didn't just do that and instead engaged in this mucking around.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    The next time someone dares to use the term 'moral hazard' in my company...

Step forward, Mr Fergus Murphy, top man in EBS as it ran into the rocks. Where is he now?

Oh, here he is:
    Ah Mr SIL, I've been expecting you on this thread

Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast