Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Unintended Consequences of current Gov't policy

Default The Unintended Consequences of current Gov't policy

I, like many I know, am now using any opportunity possible to restrict my hard-earned money going to Gov't to pay the likes of Richie Boucher a friggin' bonus.

Whether it's saying my car's been off the road for a few months (I know Hulk Hogan is trying to get rid of this loophole), doing nixers for cash or paying cash for work carried out I'll do anything to ensure this Government don't get their grubby hands on my cash.

This is becoming increasingly predominant and will only get worse when people have to pay this immoral property tax and water charges.

I was always a law-abiding, tax-compliant citizen until the determined rape of the middle income earners over the past few budgets. Has anyone any other suggestions on money-saving measures? This money always goes back into the local economy, it's not as if I'm buying gold with it.

And to the inevvitable FG shills criticising this, GFY.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanDukesofMoralHazard View Post
    I, like many I know, am now using any opportunity possible to restrict my hard-earned money going to Gov't to pay the likes of Richie Boucher a friggin' bonus.

Whether it's saying my car's been off the road for a few months (I know Hulk Hogan is trying to get rid of this loophole), doing nixers for cash or paying cash for work carried out I'll do anything to ensure this Government don't get their grubby hands on my cash.

This is becoming increasingly predominant and will only get worse when people have to pay this immoral property tax and water charges.

I was always a law-abiding, tax-compliant citizen until the determined rape of the middle income earners over the past few budgets. Has anyone any other suggestions on money-saving measures? This money always goes back into the local economy, it's not as if I'm buying gold with it.

And to the inevvitable FG shills criticising this, GFY.
    Not just the middle income earners I'd hasten to point out. Anyone not on the big money is suffering.
    Once your ability to function within society depends on a government controlled ID card then you are no longer a free citizen.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How are the property and water charges illegal and immoral? I resent having to pay them myself but if we want state of the art public services the money has to come from somewhere. Having said that I would be very happy to see serious reform of social welfare and the phasing out of the "four different kids with four different fathers" waster class.

Quote Originally Posted by The Preacher View Post
    How are the property and water charges illegal and immoral? I resent having to pay them myself but if we want state of the art public services the money has to come from somewhere. Having said that I would be very happy to see serious reform of social welfare and the phasing out of the "four different kids with four different fathers" waster class.
    It was the former I was referring to. Water charges, fair enough, but not a great time to introduce them.

I paid over 16k stamp duty in 2008. I'm up to my cleavage in negative equity and struggling with mortgage. And I've to pay an annual rent for nothing for this? For ever? And I don't give a flying one if "every other country in Europe has a property tax". People there buy a home with that knowledge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

feel you pain so i do

i gave up packet smokes and starting on roll your own tobacco and i dont buy it in the shops, i was spending 70e + a week on shop bought smokes now 11 euro worth does me a week, weird 50g of tobacco is only 5.50 in denmark and the same here would be 20e
    got sky out 5 years ago installed seorview box's last year got them off a lad at half price and fitted them myself

same as yourself was a near perfect citizen up until a while back paid my way and tax's now if i can get it cheaper and not involve this robbing crowd/goverment i'll go for it, nice guys do always finish last

as my grandad would have said ya cant milk from the one titty all the time,

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

One can only hope that the revenue collected actually will be used for privision of services. The jury still out on that one.
    If you can't beat them, compete with them: shock:

Boggle

Because they don't take into account your ability to pay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

understand where your coming from

but if we want state of the art services why cant we all pay for it ??

i think i myself have paid my fair share over the years and so has my wife and family but what we get back is nothing really is nothing for what we have paid for

Politics.ie Member Spanner Island's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boggle View Post
    Because they don't take into account your ability to pay.
    How come these things seem to work everywhere else?

Are the Irish uniquely incapable of implementing these things?

I've no problem with user pays charges... the more water you use the more you pay. It's simple... and fair.

The problem in this dump is when all of these things are simply being lumped on top of the existing burden with absolutely nothing being given back anywhere...

That's what f***s me off big time... as well as the continuation of the quangos which FG/Lab are stuffing full of their own cronies and all the rest of the sh!te that is so obviously wrong in this country with no apparent determination to clean it up...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I might also add Alan that the crash happened on Fianna Failure's watch, not FG. I might also add that I'm 49 years old and that this in fact the SECOND time FF bankrupted the country - the first time was under the Squire of Kinsealy and we had exactly the same situation afterwards. FG and Labour come in, start clearing up the mess, and then the Irish people in their infinite wisdom decide "ah shure isn't Bertie a lovely fella" and the circus begins all over again.

The only way the carnival of bullsh*t will ever end or even slow down is if the Irish people as a whole wake up and start voting with their brains. For the first time ever I will vote FG number 1 at the next election because for all their cock ups and refusal to introduce real reform in some areas, they have proven again and again that they can take tough decisions on the economy. I used to be a leftie - voted Workers Party / Democratic Left for years - but have slowly changed my views over the years. Only when we start consistently punishing buffoons and corrupt chancers at election time will we see real change in this country. We could make a good start by ensuring that FF are consigned to the history books. And I don't class myself as a shill for any party.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast