Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 74

Thread: ECB will not allow details of IRBC liquidation under FOI

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,641
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default ECB will not allow details of IRBC liquidation under FOI

    ECB gags State on IBRC liquidation | Irish Examiner

    senior official in the Department of Finance told the Irish Examiner they were under strict instructions from the ECB not to release any details to the public.

    “What they [ECB] have said from an early stage is that if there is any release, at all, then all negotiations are off. They do not want to discuss this in any forum, other than that of a member state and the ECB council,” he said.

    The department has received about 16 freedom of information requests in relation to the IBRC liquidation and is now considering adopting a policy position that would allow it to refuse all applications for the release of information.


    why are the ECB requesting this ?
    have they something to hide ?
    anyone, any suggestions ?

    why are we not allowed see the detail, considering we put 34 billion in IBRC
    Last edited by kkkkkkkkkk; 23rd April 2013 at 06:33 PM.
    Why is the Legal Profession still SELF REGULATED in the year 2015, this is a crazy situation.

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member gerhard dengler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Utopia
    Posts
    47,435
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    What happened to the other thread that you started yesterday?
    Politics.ie moderators should moderate instead.
    Welcome to Political Irish | Political Irish

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    997
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    sounds pure fishy like

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,641
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gerhard dengler View Post
    What happened to the other thread that you started yesterday?
    Sync closed it
    but it is sorted now
    Why is the Legal Profession still SELF REGULATED in the year 2015, this is a crazy situation.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,187
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Presumably if they are denying FOI requests, then I'd guess they have something to hide.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    5,131
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kkkkkkkkkk View Post
    ECB gags State on IBRC liquidation | Irish Examiner

    senior official in the Department of Finance told the Irish Examiner they were under strict instructions from the ECB not to release any details to the public.

    “What they [ECB] have said from an early stage is that if there is any release, at all, then all negotiations are off. They do not want to discuss this in any forum, other than that of a member state and the ECB council,” he said.

    The department has received about 16 freedom of information requests in relation to the IBRC liquidation and is now considering adopting a policy position that would allow it to refuse all applications for the release of information.


    why are the ECB requesting this ?
    have they something to hide ?
    anyone, any suggestions ?
    Who the fukk do the ECB think they are?

  7. #7

    Default

    this is par for course with this criminal organization
    i owe my allegiance only to the working class

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,641
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LOCALHERO View Post
    Presumably if they are denying FOI requests, then I'd guess they have something to hide.
    it is shocking in 2013, that they are allowed to do this
    Why is the Legal Profession still SELF REGULATED in the year 2015, this is a crazy situation.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member gerhard dengler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Utopia
    Posts
    47,435
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Michael Noonan, Ireland's Minister for Finance, refused on the floor of Dail Eireann to disclose details of money transfers concerning IBRC immmediately prior to it being liquidated.

    As far as I'm aware the Irish taxpayer owned that bank at that point.

    It appears that it is not only the ECB that refuse to disclose details but our Quisling politicians also.
    Politics.ie moderators should moderate instead.
    Welcome to Political Irish | Political Irish

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member neiphin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lake Wobegon
    Posts
    5,513
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kkkkkkkkkk View Post
    it is shocking in 2013, that they are allowed to do this
    what sort of an eejet are you ?
    they have always and will always do what they want

    you have no authority to question them, about anything

    hbap and thick paddy will be along soon to explain to you that you dont have the mental capacity to understand what the germans and enda are doing for you, you thankless knob
    "If we VOTE YES there will be no more austere budgets. Fact " Hammer, mayday 12'

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •