Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: Staring At Lakes.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Staring At Lakes.

I read (Fr) Michael Harding's book in one sitting this morning, and it is some read. It is not for the faint hearted, and is for a former priest almost a confessional, but seemingly ending in a redemption of sorts as he contemplates life and death.

Has anyone else wandered down the road with this seeming maverick?

(I should say that I know the guy.)

Staring at Lakes: A Memoir of Love, Melancholy and Magical Thinking: Michael Harding: 9781444743494: Amazon.com: Books
    Heaven and Earth Meet in the Human Heart!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Politics.ie Member tipp revolution's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Disregarding the zippo, I saw this and it blew me away (warning Zip this is deep and you are not to make fun of it!!)

Joshua Prager: In search of the man who broke my neck | Video on TED.com
    "Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king"
    Diogenes

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tipp revolution View Post
    Disregarding the zippo, I saw this and it blew me away (warning Zip this is deep and you are not to make fun of it!!)

Joshua Prager: In search of the man who broke my neck | Video on TED.com
    Pragers answer to Yeats question..O body swayed to music, O brightening glance, How can we know the dancer from the dance? that both are hopelessly entwined is interesting..

I wonder if Abid was aware that Prager had looked at Abids police statement from the time of the accident when he failed to mention anything about a bus driver..

Dispite the passage of time and his belief that it was Gods fault, as he had ordained the accident Abid was still able to rationalize the events and told Prager that the accident was in fact caused by a bus driver who wouldn't move out of his way. prager suggested that the accident had prevented him from becoming A Doctor. But did the accident prevent him from becoming A Doctor? What is A Doctor? Someone that heals people?

Truly one of the most remarkable and most deeply moving of TED talks.

Joshua Prager, you are indeed brave and lucky - perhaps even blessed.

There is much for all Americans to learn from Joshua's experience, injuries, remorse, anger, rehabilitation, determination and realization

I greatly admire him for what he's set out to do and what he's done; I would not have had the discipline, even, to intellectually relinquish my two-word goal.

Wonderful.

So, being aware of how valuable to maintain healthy ideas about everything that we care about may be the most import task of our minds.

This is one of the finest examples of the clash between cultures; one culture is, the Western, and the other, the Muslim.

Thank you Joshua, for sharing your story

Truly a highly evolved human being.

Indeed commendable that he emerged as stronger, determined and successful man - truly an inspiration for others!

When I first started going to Narcotics Anonymous, I would hear them say: "Keep coming back. It gets better".

Snippets of the responses..