Surprised this hasn't got more play as it fits neatly in the curmudgeonly P.ie wheelhouse. Per the Phoenix, Mayo CoCo have pledged €1m to the effort while €1.5m is to come from a 'relevant State body' with the final €1.5m from 'international philanthropic contributions'.
A sizeable amount is to be spent on buying a 19th century Ballina building to house the shrine. The building just happens to belong to Robbo's brother Adrian Bourke. Mary is giving value to the centre in the form of a rag-bag of stuff valued by Mealy's Auctioneers at €2.5m. The contents:
- Assorted books on law and human rights
- 3800 periodicals
- Master list of her engagements as President
- The candle from the Aras window
- 325 archive cartons containing documents "ranging from Anglo Irish Agreement to Women and Equality
- 74 A4 file boxes covering daily files during her period as UN Commissioner for Human Rights
- 312 gifts
- 119 awards
- 61 honorary doctorates
- video, radio and cassette tapes
- scrap books and photo albums
- Robbo's personal diaries from 1967-1990 and 1998-2001
No details related to her Climate Change operation will be included.