Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should membership of Private Organisations be Public Knowledge

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Should membership of Private Organisations be Public Knowledge

Should we the public have a right to know the memberships of public servants?

Do we have the right to know for example if someone is a member of Amnesty, Opus Dei or the Immigration Control Platform.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by happytuesdays View Post

Do we have the right to know for example if someone is a member of Amnesty, Opus Dei or the Immigration Control Platform.
    No.
    Voters don't decide issues, they decide who will decide issues.

George Will

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not unless they are legislators IMO or the organisation is illegal or is an organisation that has ideals against the Irish nation or holds other nations interests over Irish ones.
    Otherwise it is an intrusion into private life of private people.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Only if they hold public office and the organisation can be seen as a conflict of interests.
    Boycott the "Irish" Sun rag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sure, lets begin by you firing up your real name, address, membership of any organisations (make sure you include all of them, we'll decide whgats important) and the photo page from your passport
    "I like a bit of a cavort, I don't send 'em solicitor's letters. I apply a bit of pressure"

Politics.ie Member stopdoingstuff's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I hope not, because I am actually in both Opus Dei and Choice Ireland. The Opus Dei thing is because I love S&M, and the Choice Ireland thing is because ladies who support abortion tend to be easier. So obviously it would be bad news if either side knew of my affiliation with the other.
    Faoi mhóid bheith saor

Politics.ie Member Spanner Island's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stopdoingstuff View Post
    I hope not, because I am actually in both Opus Dei and Choice Ireland. The Opus Dei thing is because I love S&M, and the Choice Ireland thing is because ladies who support abortion tend to be easier. So obviously it would be bad news if either side knew of my affiliation with the other.
    You're a sick puppy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well I'm in a GAA club, if you really, really, really want to know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stopdoingstuff View Post
    You sly fox.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast