Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mandarin vs TDs - let's see who wins this one.

Politics.ie Member tipp revolution's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Mandarin vs TDs - let's see who wins this one.

What reason has John Moran to refuse papers to the public accounts committee?

Minister's top official digs in heels over papers - Independent.ie

As the payer of Mr Moran's salary and a member of a so called democracy, I demand transparency.
    I hope John McGuinness doesn't let go of this one and neither should anyone else who cares a jot for the future of this country.
    "Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king"
    Diogenes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry admin - please take the apostrophe out of the title
    Diogenes

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Have you read the article? If you read the article he states his reasons.What in your knowledge of privilege and confidentiality leads you to believe he's able to give up the documents?
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The better half swiped the paper.

I dont care what Moran's reasons are. I am a great fan of the PAC and if they want the documents they should get them.

PS humour me - fix the apostrophe please
    Last edited by tipp revolution; 21st April 2013 at 03:12 PM.
    Diogenes

Politics.ie Member H.R. Haldeman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can't ever get that excited about this story. Don't we know what happened? Blind panic.

Our catastrophe didn't happen in a private meeting. It happened in plain sight over 10 years. Government policy, public sentiment, the regulatory environment, irrational exuberance by the few....it was all there clear as day.

I think it was Hemingway who said that first you go broke slowly, then you go broke quickly. The night of the guarantee is the second part. The less important part.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The PAC's needed, it needs to be beefed up. But right now they're asking for documents they don't appear to have a legal basis to request. They're asking him to present privileged information between cabinet ministers and legal representatives. If he does that HE'S the one who faces action, not the people requesting it.

They're acting outside their remit and don't have any legal standing to make the request. I think they should be beefed up, have the power to hold people in contempt and be able to review such privileged information, but that needs to be passed by statute. It's not Moran's problem.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OK as a frog said, reddit.

The whole thing stinks to high heaven AND the dept of finance has no chief economist
    so WHO are they listening to? The wonky spreadsheet economists?
    FFS x 142,200,000,000 approx(current IRish debt)
    Diogenes

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Very simple. Establishment cover up.

I think the issue is that the external experts advised them not to do this and the corrupt Lenehan was supported by ministers and civil servants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Legal schmegal

We are paying - we deserve to know the truth

To be honest - the DPP should be preparing cases against the main players in 2008 anyway. Give the DPP the funding - the PAC shouldnt be doing the Gardai/DPP's work.
    Diogenes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So you think somebody actually told them not to do this?
    Diogenes

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast