Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 71 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Interesting Miracles

Default Two Interesting Miracles

One thing that strikes me about the usual atheist v. theist debates on here is that sometimes the former seem to be dissatisfied with any evidence at all contrary to their position. Its like the perennial cry is that there is no evidence on the other side of the argument but when you present such evidence, for example Marian visions like at Fatima, all you get is disparaging insulting remarks about illiterate peasants etc. Its like evidence is not evidence unless it happens to famous people! Well this event that follows was witnessed by famous people.

Teresita Castillo (1927- ), Lipa, Philippines
    The above lady was in 1948 a postulant at the Carmelite monastery in Lipa in the Philippines when she saw and heard Our Lady on a number of occasions. She is still alive and can remember well what Our Lady told her but the interesting thing anyway is that a frequent miracle occurred as part of this which consisted of showers of fragrant and sometimes inscribed rose petals. This happened many times, and sometimes over a wide area, and was seen and witnessed by many people who were able to discount any natural explanation. On the 11th of November that year Mrs. Aurora Quezon, the wife of the late President of the Philippines, witnessed such a shower of rose petals and even the then President came but didn't witness such an event. Here you can see these type of showers described by General Godfredo Juliano, a war hero during the Second World War he later became vice Commander of the Philippine Air Force and vice President of Philippine Airlines:

Vast numbers of petals fell, at one time carpeting completely the staircases etc inside the monastery and many were, as I said, engraved as you can see here:

You can read more about all this here: Mary, Mediatrix of All Grace - An online resource on Our Lady of Lipa .

Natuzza Evolo (1928-2009), Paravati in Southern Italy
    She was an illiterate housewife in a poor part of Southern Italy who had the stigmata and was gifted with innumerable miracles etc. In particular the wounds on her in some cases formed images and even sometimes the linen she would dress her wounds with would form pictures from her blood. Here is one of the images formed which even includes writing:

At about the three minute mark in this video you can see her produce one of those pictures on camera in I think the late 50s or early 60s:

She became famous through a published four volume investigation of her and these miracles by a local university professor and as such she was even investigated by some Californian sceptics who specialize in conducting scientific investigations of psychic type phenomona and you can read their report here:
    Natuzza Evolo: Psychogenic Phenomena? by Michael Nanko . They were able to eliminate the possibility of fraud etc. Large numbers of these strange drawings were created as you can read here: Mystics of the Church: Natuzza Evolo & the stigmatic blood writings -Hemography .

I suppose these were also all random events easily explained away etc etc!

Repeal the 27th.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scolairebocht View Post
    but when you present such evidence
    Your entire post seems to be predicated on a misunderstanding of the meaning of the word "evidence".

Politics.ie Royalty toxic avenger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know a number of people who experienced the rose petal scent when they were blessed with Padre Pio's glove. I've told the story before about both my mother and my father being healed, my mother inexplicably so, after being blessed with it (her MRSA was out of control - she had had it for a long, long time but that week it was so high and she was in such pain that she thought she was near death). The morning after blessing herself with the relic, she was blood-tested and all trace of MRSA was gone (she had been tested only three or so days before, and had been regularly for years).

I know it will be mocked by most, but it happened, and while my dad's healing from the pain he suffered after chemo could be explained away by placebo, my mother's just can't be. I only repeat what I witnessed.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toxic avenger View Post
    I know a number of people who experienced the rose petal scent when they were blessed with Padre Pio's glove. I've told the story before about both my mother and my father being healed, my mother inexplicably so, after being blessed with it (her MRSA was out of control - she had had it for a long, long time but that week it was so high and she was in such pain that she thought she was near death). The morning after blessing herself with the relic, she was blood-tested and all trace of MRSA was gone (she had been tested only three or so days before, and had been regularly for years).

I know it will be mocked by most, but it happened, and while my dad's healing from the pain he suffered after chemo could be explained away by placebo, my mother's just can't be. I only repeat what I witnessed.
    Interesting. What did the doctors have to say?

Science Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by toxic avenger View Post

FFS, people spray cheap perfume on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good healing power in cheap perfume?
    Wouldn't believe any of it myself, but if gives comfort to ill people it is a good thing.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why so few instances reported given the huge population out there of the faithful?

Maybe that might show the total scepticism of many who are of the Faith. I dunno.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just saw a UFO on the way home from the pub. I only repeat what I witnessed.

Proof, if any were needed by damn skeptics, that intelligent extraterrestrial life exists and is visiting our planet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As an atheist I don't believe in god but also as an agnostic I know for a fact that we know nothing of the mind, the world or the universe. I would love to be proven wrong about my atheist belief.
    All men dream: but not equally. -T. E. Lawrence

Page 1 of 71 123451151 ... LastLast