Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If Richard Bruton's Coup Had Been Sucessful?

Politics.ie Member General Urko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default If Richard Bruton's Coup Had Been Sucessful?

I wouldn't put them in charge of a septic tank, the battling words of Phil Hogan as the FG establishment rallied around Enda as he faced the heave which threatened to put Dickie Bruton into power! With support from Shatter, Phillo and Reilly, the hot young things proposing a change to the old order, Creighton, Coveney and Leo were rebuked!
    Mind you with the exception of Noonan, famously back onside with Enda and getting Finance as a prize, the main loyal older supporters have more or less made a living we all know what out of their ministerial portfolios!
    Then again, some of the main sponsors of the dickyite rebellion have certainly not covered themselves in glory and really only proved that they have a vastly inflated opinion of their own abilities!
    The exceptions to both camps have ironically been Enda and Dickey, who have in many ways manned up and exceeded expectations, which may not have been great any way!
    So if the dickeyites had emerged over the Kennyites, what would have happened in GE 2011 and where would we be today?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm not convinced the likes of Creighton and Hayes are a step up from Hogan and Reilly.

simeongrimes

FG would have still won. The possible major change is that he may have tried to govern without Labour.

We would now have Gilmore Rabbitte et al screaming in the Dail about cutbacks and lining themselves up to lead the next government.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Honecker View Post
    I'm not convinced the likes of Creighton and Hayes are a step up from Hogan and Reilly.
    Answer the question, Eric.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by simeongrimes View Post
    FG would have still won. The possible major change is that he may have tried to govern without Labour.

We would now have Gilmore Rabbitte et al screaming in the Dail about cutbacks and lining themselves up to lead the next government.
    And a sooner GE than original timeline!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh and what would have happened Enda?

They were trying to entice him up to the park!

In the presidential race, he would have done marginally better than that great catholic Gay Mitchell, but would still have been a disaster, If Gay lost his deposit, Enda might have too!

Politics.ie Member Little_Korean's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Don't see how there would have been a huge difference if Bruton had gotten in as FG head honcho instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If Richard Bruton's Coup Had Been Sucessful? :

I'd likely be sporting a FG avatar and FG would be at 40%+ in the polls with FF vanquished

cYp
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Doesn't matter, it didn't. What would have happened if Lincoln had missed the play, Kennedy hadn't visited Dallas, Cowen hadn't sung the Lakes of Pontchartrain.....?

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast