Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 52 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Who next!? Rolf Harris questioned in sex offence probe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Who next!? Rolf Harris questioned in sex offence probe

Rolf Harris!? Next up Worzel Gummidge? Saville, ok, before Therouxs doc he was "a little odd", after the doc he was really odd so even though what developed was shocking it still wasn't something that came out of the blue. Rolf Harris on the other hand? Maybe I'm out of touch with the whole entertainment world, but he'd not have even been on any list of possible suspects if you'd asked me. makes you wonder what other names will pop up?

Rolf Harris has been questioned by police over historical allegations of sexual offences.

The 83-year-old entertainer and artist was interviewed under caution after attending police premises in south London by appointment in November.

On 28 March, Mr Harris, from Berkshire, was arrested and bailed until May.

He was held as part of the inquiry set up after claims were made against Jimmy Savile although his arrest is unrelated to the former BBC DJ and TV presenter.

Operation Yewtree was set up following the death of Savile in 2011, when hundreds of sex abuse allegations came to light.

The Metropolitan Police did not name Mr Harris after he was first questioned or following his arrest and have still not formally identified him. He is described by them as Yewtree 5.

BBC News - Rolf Harris questioned in Yewtree sex offence probe
    What have British in Ireland contributed to Ireland? Nothing of the scale that the Irish have contributed to Britain. - Runswithwind.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The ones my Granny always said were 'strange hawks' are turning out to have been very strange hawks. My granny would have made great forensic psychiatrist!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Schomberg View Post
    Rolf Harris!? Next up Worzel Gummidge? Saville, ok, before Therouxs doc he was "a little odd", after the doc he was really odd so even though what developed was shocking it still wasn't something that came out of the blue. Rolf Harris on the other hand? Maybe I'm out of touch with the whole entertainment world, but he'd not have even been on any list of possible suspects if you'd asked me. makes you wonder what other names will pop up?
    I may be mistaken, but I think he was detained or brought infor questioning either after the savile enquiry or around the time a certain Tory grandee was being touted as the head of a paedo ring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Seanie Lemass View Post
    The ones my Granny always said were 'strange hawks' are turning out to have been very strange hawks. My granny would have made great forensic psychiatrist!
    Lol! Mine would call them "quare fellas"!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Schomberg View Post
    Rolf Harris!? Next up Worzel Gummidge? Saville, ok,
    God love you, Schomby!

You're out of touch. Us conspiracy lunatics have known about Rolf since last november.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MacO'velli View Post
    Lol! Mine would call them "quare fellas"!

Mind you she didn't like very many people! She would see a complete stranger walking past the house and say "I don't like him' She also refused one time to talk to one of uncle's mates because he was from Carlow, and she said they had done nothing during the Tan War!

Politics.ie Member Raketemensch's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I won't be able to hear 'Two Little Boys' again without flinching.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Seanie Lemass View Post
    Mind you she didn't like very many people! She would see a complete stranger walking past the house and say "I don't like him' She also refused one time to talk to one of uncle's mates because he was from Carlow, and she said they had done nothing during the Tan War!
    I tink they were of an age, down in galway if they didn't wear a cloth cap, suit jacket and Wellington boots in and out of the house they were strange.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raketemensch View Post
    I won't be able to hear 'Two Little Boys' again without flinching.

Just got a didgerido text

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

can you tell what he is yet?

Page 1 of 52 123451151 ... LastLast