Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Property Tax - what idiot is doing the valuations?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Property Tax - what idiot is doing the valuations?

Seriously, did they outsource the valuations to the Chimpanzees?

I just opened my valuation and they have my house value estimated at TWICE what I paid for it in the boom times.

Twice. Is this just an attempt to annoy us? I have a very good idea what my house is worth because I am trying to gauge interest in it as I want out of this country. Canada is my desired destination.

As a result I am considering putting up some racist/sectarian/Fianna Fail signs signs in my garden to drive the price down. I am honestly going to send them €20 because if they can come out with a stupid sum, so can I.

Perhaps we can meet in the middle but I doubt it. I'll have to do all the thinking it seems.
    Let's all raise a glass of frog milk to the ancient festival of Fargaltide!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They are not valuing your house. They are valuing your area.

It's a rushed balls up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The OD View Post

I just opened my valuation and they have my house value estimated at TWICE what I paid for it in the boom times.

Twice. Is this just an attempt to annoy us? I have a very good idea what my house is worth because I am trying to gauge interest in it as I want out of this country. Canada is my desired destination.

As a result I am considering putting up some racist/sectarian/Fianna Fail signs signs in my garden to drive the price down. I am honestly going to send them 20 because if they can come out with a stupid sum, so can I.

Perhaps we can meet in the middle but I doubt it. I'll have to do all the thinking it seems.
    The lowest amount you can pay os EUR 45.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As a result I am considering putting up some racist/sectarian/Fianna Fail signs signs in my garden to drive the price down. I am honestly going to send them 20 because if they can come out with a stupid sum, so can I.

or you could just fill in the section with your own valuation and return the form.

ps. If you are going to Canada get ready for form filling by the day and regulation to make your eyes water

http://www.gouv.qc.ca/portail/quebec...lique/?lang=en
    Last edited by mido; 16th April 2013 at 09:59 PM.
    Pity the nation divided into into fragments, each fragment deeming itself a nation - Khalil Gibran

Politics.ie Member Marcos the black's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As a result I am considering putting up some racist/sectarian/Fianna Fail signs signs in my garden to drive the price down. I am honestly going to send them €20 because if they can come out with a stupid sum, so can I.

They've got you providing them with the info they need. Job done.
    You'll never go broke appealing to the lowest common denominator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jo9jo View Post
    The lowest amount you can pay os EUR 45.
    OK, 2 x 20's and a 5. I'll get the dog to lick them first though.
    Let's all raise a glass of frog milk to the ancient festival of Fargaltide!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Twice. Is this just an attempt to annoy us?
    House prices are down by approximately 50% from the peak, therefore what they're quoting doesn't sound a million miles off.

Edit: Misread the OP, sorry.....
    Last edited by hiding behind a poster; 16th April 2013 at 10:01 PM.
    "So how are things at the Campaign for the Freedom of Information, by the way?" "Sorry, I can't talk about that"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sure according to the valuation , our area must be insulated and I'm surprised we don't have people or Actioneers knocking at our door looking to buy. We like you have a house that's more valuable that what we brought it for! No boom and bust for Midleton it seems.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The "idiot doing the valuations" is you when you complete the form.

Any other figures are just rough guides which you are free to ignore (provided you can stand over your own valuation that is).

Politics.ie Member Tin Foil Hat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hiding behind a poster View Post
    House prices are down by approximately 50% from the peak, therefore what they're quoting doesn't sound a million miles off.
    *facepalm*

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast