Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 54

Thread: Terrible bombings in Iraq

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member Honecker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4,764
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Terrible bombings in Iraq

    Surprised there is no thread on this already. At least 31 people have been killed and over 200 wounded in the latest wave of bombings across the country. Sunni Islamist militants linked to al-Qaeda have been blamed for the attacks (the same groups being cheered on in Syria). The country is in total anarchy, there is no rule of law and people live in constant fear of attack. Apart from bombings and shootings there is regular beatings and intimidation of ordinary people. Iraq has become hell on earth for most people there.

    BBC News - Iraq deadly bombings hit Nasariyah, Kirkuk and Baghdad


    Edit: Other reports say 55 dead

    http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2...e-attacks.html

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,409
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honecker View Post
    Surprised there is no thread on this already. At least 31 people have been killed and over 200 wounded in the latest wave of bombings across the country. Sunni Islamist militants linked to al-Qaeda have been blamed for the attacks (the same groups being cheered on in Syria). The country is in total anarchy, there is no rule of law and people live in constant fear of attack. Apart from bombings and shootings there is regular beatings and intimidation of ordinary people. Iraq has become hell on earth for most people there.

    BBC News - Iraq deadly bombings hit Nasariyah, Kirkuk and Baghdad
    and I thought we got Sadam and brought Democracy??????

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member mr. jings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    8,063
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Terrible news. Shame it'll probably trolled to hell and back the world over.

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member theloner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Do town and country dwellers have radically different prospects?
    Posts
    9,593
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honecker View Post
    Surprised there is no thread on this already.
    Because in the eyes of much of the media and indeed the masses who lap up this media, blood on the streets in Boston is more valuable than Iraqi blood.
    'Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness'.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    482
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theloner View Post
    Because in the eyes of much of the media and indeed the masses who lap up this media, blood on the streets in Boston is more valuable than Iraqi blood.
    Of course American media is going to be more interested in reporting the Boston bombings. It is logical. Much like Iraqi media is going to be more interested in reporting the bombings there.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member darkhorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In the hills with the daughters of Lenin
    Posts
    18,210
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by realistic1 View Post
    and I thought we got Sadam and brought Democracy??????
    We can give them democracy, but we cant make them love each other

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member Marcos the black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Knowhere
    Posts
    18,133
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
    We can give them democracy, but we cant make them love each other
    We could have left them alone in the first place, but somehow America's oil got under their ground..
    You'll never go broke appealing to the lowest common denominator.

  8. #8

    Default

    You must divide the figure of dead by the factor of Brown to get the true number of dead.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member theloner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Do town and country dwellers have radically different prospects?
    Posts
    9,593
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by plantfirmly View Post
    Of course American media is going to be more interested in reporting the Boston bombings. It is logical. Much like Iraqi media is going to be more interested in reporting the bombings there.
    Logical? I take a more pessimistic view, American foreign policy was partly responsible for the mass murder today in Iraqi, they should report it as it is linked. If there was a positive story from Iraq, the media would be all over it, almost justifying western foreign policy in the region.
    'Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness'.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member darkhorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In the hills with the daughters of Lenin
    Posts
    18,210
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos the black View Post
    We could have left them alone in the first place, but somehow America's oil got under their ground..
    Whatever about the war, the two brands of Islam hate each other a lot more than they hate the US or Israelis
    And that's not going to change anytime soon

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •