Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cllr. Brian Meaney resigns from Greens - hopes to defect to Fianna Fáil

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Cllr. Brian Meaney resigns from Greens - hopes to defect to Fianna Fáil

Report on Clare FM here:

Green Party Confirms It's Clare Councillor Is To Leave The Party | clare.fm

A massive blow to the Greens as one of their only remaining reps and a man held in high regards. His more to join Fianna Fáil though I find odd. Has he not being very critical of them in the past or am I mistaken? Could be a big boost to FF in Clare as Hillery (IMO) will never win them a second seat, despite his showing last time (core FF vote in Clare is the strongest and he couldn't capitalise). Meaney only polled 2.2% himself though last time out as well. What do posters feel?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How cynical can you possibly get!

Meaney was one of their foremost holier-than-thou "we're destroying ourselves by being so close to FF!" crowd back in the day, and now he jumps ship to FF?

Hilarious stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dal gCais View Post
    Report on Clare FM here:

A massive blow to the Greens as one of their only remaining reps and a man held in high regards. His more to join Fianna Fáil though I find odd. Has he not being very critical of them in the past or am I mistaken? Could be a big boost to FF in Clare as Hillery (IMO) will never win them a second seat, despite his showing last time (core FF vote in Clare is the strongest and he couldn't capitalise). Meaney only polled 2.2% himself though last time out as well. What do posters feel?
    He is a good Councillor and one of the few in Clare that I'd bother listening to.

Politics.ie Member harshreality's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Perhaps he should also change his first name to Big Bad!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clanrickard View Post
    He is a good Councillor and one of the few in Clare that I'd bother listening to.
    define what is meant as "a good councillor". Does he protest the council at their waste of space?
    ANGER IS A POLICY, GET OFF YOUR KNEES

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dal gCais View Post
    Report on Clare FM here:

Yes a big blow and also a massive insult to any party, losing a member to FF. There is definetly a seat to be got in Clare as Labour only benefited from FFs collapse. If SF had their act together in Clare during the last election, they would be in a good position now. Anyone know why SF failed to run in 2011??

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clanrickard View Post
    Going on your past posts would you be of the same opinion if he went to FG/Labour/ SF???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A clapped out Green party and Fianna Fail nua? They totally deserve each other...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Tubbs View Post
    How cynical can you possibly get!

Meaney was one of their foremost holier-than-thou "we're destroying ourselves by being so close to FF!" crowd back in the day, and now he jumps ship to FF?

Hilarious stuff.

It is quite comical, if the majority of the public really took an interest in Politics these types would be finished.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

What a chancer.
    Put a thief among honest men and they will eventually relieve him of his watch. Flann O'Brien

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast