Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Average household disposable income rises to 50k ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Average household disposable income rises to 50k ?

According to this Surprise as pay is up despite years of austerity - Independent.ie

The cso says that average disposable income has risen to 51k!! Im a bit confused, as my understanding of disposable income was income after taxes and essential payments such as rent/morgage/esb etc, i.e the money left over for saving or playing!!

Even if it is not disposable income, 51k after tax income as the average household income, aint bad...if the cso figures are to be believed.

An interesting if, undproven footnote also says "However, other surveys have discovered that the prospect of paying the new property tax this year had held back large numbers of people from spending."

So the prop tax is damaging the economy too!!
    The true "front line workers" are the private sector paye employees who are first to take the bullet. Cannon fodder for their state and the public sector.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wexfordman View Post
    According to this Surprise as pay is up despite years of austerity - Independent.ie

The cso says that average disposable income has risen to 51k!! Im a bit confused, as my understanding of disposable income was income after taxes and essential payments such as rent/morgage/esb etc, i.e the money left over for saving or playing!!

Even if it is not disposable income, 51k after tax income as the average household income, aint bad...if the cso figures are to be believed.

An interesting if, undproven footnote also says "However, other surveys have discovered that the prospect of paying the new property tax this year had held back large numbers of people from spending."

So the prop tax is damaging the economy too!!

More Walter Mitty numbers from an organ of the kleptocratic People's Democratic Republic of Ireland. Whoever produced such rubbish has simply got to be smoking the funny stuff, increasing numbers on the breadline, increasing mortgage defaults, hopeless unemployment numbers, the State stealing bigger parts of the earnings of the few working taxpayers left - and these muppets try to tell us average disposable incomes are up???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Disposable income averages at 51k?

That must be very very heavily top loaded........
    “atheism is a belief system in the same way that not playing football is a sport.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beazlebottom View Post
    More Walter Mitty numbers from an organ of the kleptocratic People's Democratic Republic of Ireland. Whoever produced such rubbish has simply got to be smoking the funny stuff, increasing numbers on the breadline, increasing mortgage defaults, hopeless unemployment numbers, the State stealing bigger parts of the earnings of the few working taxpayers left - and these muppets try to tell us average disposable incomes are up???
    So have you figures to disprove the CSO?

Apparently, we're all sharing the pain.
    I have no money, but I love my life.

What part of Ballsbridge were these figures garnered from. The CSO should be renamed the CCL. Cloud Cuckoo Land. The tragedy is that Enda and his gang will bandy these figures in our faces now and tell us how well off we really are. Better advice I would suggest to Enda is wear a disguise and walk around any town centre in the South East you will have no fear of having to step of a footpath during business hours but you might get a bit lonely as nobody have any spare cash to splash out on clothe's or any of those luxuries we once took for granted. One word of warning though is don't send Phil Hogan we are angry enough and no mater what disguise he would wear his smugness would shine through.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

A simple average is meaningless - 1 person on 100k and 3 on 33k will average at 50k. Not much comfort to the 3!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Surely that can't be right ?

I know it's an average but even at that.... can't be right.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clanrickard View Post
    So have you figures to disprove the CSO?
    Its called common sense - unfortunately lacking among large swathes of officialdom.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looking at some of their reports 'disposable' seems to mean after taxation, but before everything else. In which case it means even less. Can anyone confirm?

Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast