Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 53 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Gang rape and race.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Gang rape and race.

When looking at the facts, the United Kingdom has some interesting, however alarming statistics, when it comes to race and gang rape. The Metropolitan Police are one of the only police forces that collect such facts.

According to this article Gang rape: Is it a race issue? - Crime - UK - The Independent that is written by an author from from Sierra Leon:

'One of the few police forces to have begun recording the figures of reported gang rape is the Metropolitan Police. In 2008 alone, they received reports of 85 gang rapes. Using the Met's definition of gang rape those involving three or more perpetrators we began to look at the number of convictions. We tracked down 29 cases, from January 2006 to March 2009, in which a total of 92 young people were convicted of involvement in gang rape.

One fact stood out. Of those convicted, 66 were black or mixed race, 13 were white and the remainder were from other countries including Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya.'

When black and mixed race people make up a minority in London, by any objective measure we can see that there is a clear an defined link between race and gang rape. However the link may of course have nothing to do with a predisposition to rape and could be a cause of environmental factors?

Either way, I think these statistics are surely very disturbing at the very least.

Politics.ie Member Socratus O' Pericles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The truth of an idea is not a stagnant property inherent in it. Truth happens to an idea. It becomes true, is made true by events.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NewDawn1 View Post
    When looking at the facts, the United Kingdom has some interesting, however alarming statistics, when it comes to race and gang rape. The Metropolitan Police are one of the only police forces that collect such facts.

According to this article Gang rape: Is it a race issue? - Crime - UK - The Independent that is written by an author from from Sierra Leon:

'One of the few police forces to have begun recording the figures of reported gang rape is the Metropolitan Police. In 2008 alone, they received reports of 85 gang rapes. Using the Met's definition of gang rape – those involving three or more perpetrators – we began to look at the number of convictions. We tracked down 29 cases, from January 2006 to March 2009, in which a total of 92 young people were convicted of involvement in gang rape.

One fact stood out. Of those convicted, 66 were black or mixed race, 13 were white and the remainder were from other countries including Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya.'

When black and mixed race people make up a minority in London, by any objective measure we can see that there is a clear an defined link between race and gang rape. However the link may of course have nothing to do with a predisposition to rape and could be a cause of environmental factors?

Either way, I think these statistics are surely very disturbing at the very least.
    Very disturbing but perhaps not entirely unexpected the record should be nationwide to give a clear idea partly because London is a hugely multicultural city with many areas largely immigrant and partly because London is a young city and that means its very trend conscious. The last several years have had the youth gangster rap type of fashion and whilst that may not advocate violence it does seem to demote the women's role into nothing much more than a piece of subservient eye candy.
    Its Up to ME

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What's the official line the Church is taking? Only, the farm takes up most of the day, and at night I just like a cup of tea, so I might not be able to devote myself full time to the old racism...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Every hour at least one anti-immigrant thread gets started on P.ie. With your help we can put an end to this cruel practice. Call 1800-HELP-PIE today and please give a donation. Thank you.

Brought to by the Committee for Ethical Threads.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NewDawn1 View Post

'One of the few police forces to have begun recording the figures of reported gang rape is the Metropolitan Police. In 2008 alone, they received reports of 85 gang rapes. Using the Met's definition of gang rape those involving three or more perpetrators we began to look at the number of convictions. We tracked down 29 cases, from January 2006 to March 2009, in which a total of 92 young people were convicted of involvement in gang rape.

"of those convicted"

Most relevant line in the OP,

The stats come from a predominantly non white region but nice try.

Politics.ie Royalty toxic avenger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Third 'the brown people are evil' thread in three two days by the OPer. Is there a commission being paid?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narcissist View Post
    What's the official line the Church is taking? Only, the farm takes up most of the day, and at night I just like a cup of tea, so I might not be able to devote myself full time to the old racism...
    I feel bad about liking this comment. But it was very funny

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toxic avenger View Post
    Third 'the brown people are evil' thread in three two days by the OPer. Is there a commission being paid?
    No, he's a volunteer.
    Put a thief among honest men and they will eventually relieve him of his watch. Flann O'Brien

Page 1 of 53 123451151 ... LastLast