Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 405

Thread: 10 reasons why all gay marriage should be banned

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member johndodger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    1,848
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default 10 reasons why all gay marriage should be banned

    1) Being gay is not natural. Real people always reject unnatural things like glasses, polyester and air conditioning.

    2) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

    3) Legalising gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets or toasters because a dog or electronic device has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

    4) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasnít changed at all like many of the principles on which this great country was founded; women are still property, blacks still canít marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

    5) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of marriages like Britney Spearsí and Sinead O'Connor would be destroyed.

    6) The only valid marriages are those which produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldnít be allowed to marry because our orphanages arenít full yet, and the world needs more children.

    7) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

    Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. Thatís why we have only one religion in Ireland.

    9) Children can never succeed without both a male and a female role model at home. Thatís why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

    10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we havenít adapted to cars, the service-sector economy or longer life spans.
    Don't believe everything you read

  2. #2

    Default

    Gay marriage should be legal. No if's or but's...

    Why do you care what other people do?!

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    399
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johndodger View Post
    1) Being gay is not natural. Real people always reject unnatural things like glasses, polyester and air conditioning.

    2) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

    3) Legalising gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets or toasters because a dog or electronic device has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

    4) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasnít changed at all like many of the principles on which this great country was founded; women are still property, blacks still canít marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

    5) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of marriages like Britney Spearsí and Sinead O'Connor would be destroyed.

    6) The only valid marriages are those which produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldnít be allowed to marry because our orphanages arenít full yet, and the world needs more children.

    7) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

    Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. Thatís why we have only one religion in Ireland.

    9) Children can never succeed without both a male and a female role model at home. Thatís why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

    10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we havenít adapted to cars, the service-sector economy or longer life spans.

    Its a bit early in the day for this kind of shyte..

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member Easilydistracted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Derry
    Posts
    599
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R3volution_R3ady View Post
    Gay marriage should be legal. No if's or but's...

    Why do you care what other people do?!
    read it again

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    8,109
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johndodger View Post
    1) Being gay is not natural. Real people always reject unnatural things like glasses, polyester and air conditioning.

    2) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

    3) Legalising gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets or toasters because a dog or electronic device has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

    4) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn’t changed at all like many of the principles on which this great country was founded; women are still property, blacks still can’t marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

    5) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of marriages like Britney Spears’ and Sinead O'Connor would be destroyed.

    6) The only valid marriages are those which produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn’t be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren’t full yet, and the world needs more children.

    7) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

    Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That’s why we have only one religion in Ireland.

    9) Children can never succeed without both a male and a female role model at home. That’s why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

    10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven’t adapted to cars, the service-sector economy or longer life spans.
    I was going to tell you add a smiley at the end, then I thought nah it's not needed , apparently I was wrong

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    26,299
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johndodger View Post
    1) Being gay is not natural. Real people always reject unnatural things like glasses, polyester and air conditioning.

    2) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

    3) Legalising gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets or toasters because a dog or electronic device has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

    4) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasnít changed at all like many of the principles on which this great country was founded; women are still property, blacks still canít marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

    5) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of marriages like Britney Spearsí and Sinead O'Connor would be destroyed.

    6) The only valid marriages are those which produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldnít be allowed to marry because our orphanages arenít full yet, and the world needs more children.

    7) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

    Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. Thatís why we have only one religion in Ireland.

    9) Children can never succeed without both a male and a female role model at home. Thatís why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

    10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we havenít adapted to cars, the service-sector economy or longer life spans.
    Very good, lol

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member White Horse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dundalk
    Posts
    7,054
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R3volution_R3ady View Post
    Gay marriage should be legal. No if's or but's...

    Why do you care what other people do?!
    Sometimes I wonder whether posters on politics.ie should be allowed out alone.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    8,109
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Easilydistracted View Post
    read it again
    Again? More than just the title would probably be better advice.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Easilydistracted View Post
    read it again
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Sometimes I wonder whether posters on politics.ie should be allowed out alone.
    I think you two need to read MY post again.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6,484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Only smiley faces activate my sense of humour

Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •