1) Being gay is not natural. Real people always reject unnatural things like glasses, polyester and air conditioning.
2) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
3) Legalising gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets or toasters because a dog or electronic device has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
4) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasnít changed at all like many of the principles on which this great country was founded; women are still property, blacks still canít marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
5) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of marriages like Britney Spearsí and Sinead O'Connor would be destroyed.
6) The only valid marriages are those which produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldnít be allowed to marry because our orphanages arenít full yet, and the world needs more children.
7) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. Thatís why we have only one religion in Ireland.
9) Children can never succeed without both a male and a female role model at home. Thatís why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we havenít adapted to cars, the service-sector economy or longer life spans.