Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DCC to stop street cleaning in Dublin Inner City 'Black Spots' quoting Cultural Issues for the Problem

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default DCC to stop street cleaning in Dublin Inner City 'Black Spots' quoting Cultural Issues for the Problem

In a draconian move Dublin City Council is to withdraw rubbish collections in certain parts of the north Inner City of Dublin due widespread abuse by certain inhabitants in the areas effected...

The council has identified an area from Gardiner Street to Croke Park where the problem was particularly acute, with the North Circular Road, Summerhill, Ballybough, Sherrard Street and Fitzgibbon Street identified as “black spots”.

The problem was widespread, but was at its worst in the north inner city which had a large proportion of multiple occupancy flats that are owned by private landlords, the manager of the central area of the city, Charlie Lowe, said.

It’s not just people whose cultural background and whose ability to comprehend the regulations is less than what Irish people would have; that’s a factor we have always tried to take into consideration. Some of this behaviour is wilful, in my view, and some of this behaviour is as a result of not knowing any better and just thinking it’s acceptable behaviour.”

Street cleaning to be withheld in parts of Dublin due to illegal dumping - Environmental News | The Irish Times - Fri, Apr 12, 2013

Is it right that locals (many of them born and bred there) who put out their rubbish legally are to be inconvienced by the actions of certain people who have cultural issues with helping to see that rubbish is not just dumped on the street?
    If you can convince a People to engage in the mass elimination of their own offspring - you can probably get them to do anything...http://irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

Caught between the moon and New York City
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Catalpast View Post

“It’s not just people whose cultural background and whose ability to comprehend the regulations is less than what Irish people would have; that’s a factor we have always tried to take into consideration." [/I]...

Is it right that locals (many of them born and bred there) who put out their rubbish legally are to be inconvienced by the actions of certain people who have cultural issues with helping to see that rubbish is not just dumped on the street?
    So even though, the article, and your quote taken from it...states it is not a problem attributable to those of a different cultural viewpoint....they're the ones you chose to hold responsible anyway?
    Last edited by Mountaintop; 12th April 2013 at 08:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I used to rent and I know how reluctant private landlords are when it come to paying for waste disposal. The residents shouldn't be dumping their refuse on the streets but what else are you supposed to do when the bins are overflowing?

Some of this behaviour is wilful, in my view, and some of this behaviour is as a result of not knowing any better and just thinking it’s acceptable behaviour.”
    Education and then fines.
    Britain operated death squads - ''97% of the Loyalists I interviewed were working directly for the State.'' - Nuala O'Loan. #FreeAhedTamimi

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Telemachus will be practically masturbating over this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaintop View Post
    So even though, the article, and your quote taken from it...states it is not a problem attributable to those of a different cultural viewpoint....there the ones you chose to hold responsible anyway?

He's not prejudiced at all, at all, at all.
    Britain operated death squads - ''97% of the Loyalists I interviewed were working directly for the State.'' - Nuala O'Loan. #FreeAhedTamimi

Politics.ie Member Socratus O' Pericles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The initiative is due to start next month so it does not conflict with the hurling and football championships in Croke Park.
    Good oul' DCC -uop the Dubs petunia
    The truth of an idea is not a stagnant property inherent in it. Truth happens to an idea. It becomes true, is made true by events.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaintop View Post
    So even though, the article, and your quote taken from it...states it is not a problem attributable to those of a different cultural viewpoint....they're the ones you chose to hold responsible anyway?
    Well I'm sure the poor man doesn't want any of the usual suspects screaming

- 'Wacist'!
    If you can convince a People to engage in the mass elimination of their own offspring - you can probably get them to do anything...http://irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There was a time when we were a bunch of litter bugs, but since the inhabitants of these areas are coloureds and foreign we'll just have to deport them en masse as we all know they are incapable of being taught a bit of civic pride.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eoghanacht View Post
    He's not prejudiced at all, at all, at all.

Merely quoting from the Irish Times ol Boy!

The paper of record!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Catalpast View Post
    Well I'm sure the poor man doesn't want any of the usual suspects screaming

- 'Wacist'!
    Thats proablay because you'd want to be some thick to think that littering is a non white/non Irish only problem

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast