Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Campaign Against Child Prostitution Launched - More Nonsense Designed To Confuse

Politics.ie Member General Urko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Campaign Against Child Prostitution Launched - More Nonsense Designed To Confuse

The Immigrant Council Of Ireland has launched a new social media campaign against forced prostitution with the emphasis on stopping child prostitution.

Campaign against forced child prostitution launched - Crime & Law News from Ireland & Abroad | The Irish Times - Mon, Apr 08, 2013

This is ostensibly a laudible if virtually irrelevant endeavour. However, if you contextualise it re the impending introduction of the insane and failed Swedish model of criminalising the punter, we see exactly what it's about!
    It's all about confusing male punters who engage in paid for consensual sex with a partner with Paedophiles and other assorted psychotic perverts!
    The new law will of course be heaven sent for such psychotic perverts and traffickers because all related activity will be moved well underground! Women working in the industry will be more likely to be subjected to vicious attacks, rape and even murdered! Indeed where a woman has been trafficked (although only a tiny percentage of the overall total! as has been proven in police raids and contact!), she will be forced to engage in much more dangerous activities such as bareback sex due to as we are told will be the decrease in demand!

Real Men Don't Buy Girls! You are damn right they don't! They have been known to rent sexual services from adults willingly offering that!

RE the celebrities such as Ray Foley and Daithi supporting this, well re regular sex with adults, celebs in Ireland would have no problem especially ironically if there they have a perceived link with money! Indeed one thing that absolutely disgusted me but didn't shock me was that after Stan Collymore's well reported physical assault of his partner Swedish Ulrika Johnsonn, he was pictured with a new beur days later!
    Another valid point re celebrity support for punter criminalisation is that ala the penalty points debacle, the great and the good and the well connected will always be let away with misdemeanours (even if they are knowingly with a trafficked women or possibly a minor!), the ordinary Joe will not!
    For the record, I am violently opposed to the trafficking/coercion of anybody for labour exploitation especially if it's sexual and the the abuse of minors! The Swedish model will definitely make the situation worse and worse for women who have never been coerced and male punters who would never knowingly engage with a trafficked or coerced woman!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When the Swedish model is introduced and subsequently as will be inevitable - a woman is seriously injured or possibly killed (God forbid either!).
    What will be the reaction/spin of the sponsors of this insane, deeply flawed and failed law!
    That is how will Denise Charlton, Ivanna Bacik, Ronan Mullen, The nuns behind Ruhama and Jack O'Connor react???????????????????
    Hand wringing, no doubt!

Ramps

Is Pretty Woman your favourite film?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ramps View Post
    Is Pretty Woman your favourite film?
    No!
    It's often taken as presenting a false view of the biz and it seems a lot of women were lured into the biz because of it! I would imagine a working girl's life is much tougher and while most punters are as nice as Dicky Gere, the vast majority would not have his money or look like him!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For a moment there's I thought the OP was arguing that campaigning against child prostitution was a bad idea....

Ramps

Quote Originally Posted by General Urko View Post
    No!
    It's often taken as presenting a false view of the biz and it seems a lot of women were lured into the biz because of it! I would imagine a working girl's life is much tougher and while most punters are as nice as Dicky Gere, the vast majority would not have his money or look like him!
    Speak for yourself.

Well, I don't have his money....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gebra View Post
    For a moment there's I thought the OP was arguing that campaigning against child prostitution was a bad idea....
    It's the campaign that's designed to confuse the general public!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Follow the money and then hang the pimps, problem solved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Urko View Post
    It's the campaign that's designed to confuse the general public!
    I thought the general consensus was that it was usually filed under 'a bad thing'
    The campaign also files it under 'a bad thing'.
    Im not much seeing confusion here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Will disabled people be denied sexual contact and criminalised under the new law also? Very likely if they are not well connected!
    Some of the immense good the ladies do -

The sex workers giving disabled people a chance to live out their dreams | Tuppy Owens | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

As Dicky Gere said in the aforementioned film - "Therapy!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast