Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 352

Thread: Abortion doctor in US accused of "snipping" necks of hundreds of babies

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    736
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Abortion doctor in US accused of "snipping" necks of hundreds of babies

    This is absolutely gruesome stuff. It shows there is genuine evil in the world. How could a doctor do such thing? Doctor Kermit Gosnell is accused of performing appalling abortion procedures on poor inner-city women in Philadelphia.

    While he's only charged with killing seven live babies, prosecutors believe Gosnell killed hundreds of infants and destroyed related records, according to a grand jury report.

    During the trial, ex-clinic employee Stephen Massof testified he "snipped" babies' spinal cords to kill them after delivering them live.

    "It would rain fetuses," Massof said, according to NBC10 Philadelphia. "Fetuses and blood all over the place."

    Sherry West, another clinic employee, testified Monday that one newborn at the clinic was 18 to 24 inches long when it was killed, the Philadelphia Inquirer reported.

    "It didn't have eyes or a mouth but it was like screeching, making this noise. It was weird. It sounded like a little alien," she reportedly testified.

    Gosnell is accused of killing seven newborns and a 41-year-old refugee from Nepal who was getting an illegal late-term abortion. He was charged with murder in January 2011 after a grand jury handed down a graphic and disturbing 281-page report on his case.

    "When you perform late-term 'abortions' by inducing labor, you get babies. Live, breathing, squirming babies. By 24 weeks, most babies born prematurely will survive if they receive appropriate medical care. But that was not what the Women’s Medical Society was about. Gosnell had a simple solution for the unwanted babies he delivered: he killed them. He didn’t call it that. He called it 'ensuring fetal demise.' The way he ensured fetal demise was by sticking scissors into the back of the baby’s neck and cutting the spinal cord. He called that 'snipping.'"
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/aborti...223751236.html

    This is especially controversial as his abortion clinic had not been inspected since 1993. Although well intended, Philadelphia officials didn't want to inspect abortion facilities so women wouldn't face extra barriers when getting abortions, it does show that light or no regulation can be just as disastrous as it was in other areas, such as finance.
    Last edited by Mikey Moloney; 11th April 2013 at 11:21 AM.

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member Sync's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    27,625
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Um. Not to be pedantic (Well y'know..) but those aren't alleged to be "Appalling abortion procedures". The kids have been born, it's just alleged murder.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member lies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    2,916
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Moloney View Post
    This is absolutely gruesome stuff. It shows there is genuine evil in the world. How could a doctor do such thing? Doctor Kermit Gosnell is accused of performing appalling abortion procedures on poor inner-city women in Philadelphia.



    This is especially controversial as his abortion clinic had not been inspected since 1993. Although well intended, Philadelphia officials didn't want to inspect abortion facilities so women wouldn't face extra barriers when getting abortions, it does show that light or no regulation can be just as disastrous as it was in other areas, such as finance.
    Shame that the Republican governor deregulated the industry, allowing this to happen. The ONLY reason this lasted for years was because Tom Ridge decided to let tonnes of businesses "self-regulate".

    For the record, every pro-choice group in America has DECRIED this man as a murderer.

    And the Association that licenses abortion providers had denied this asshat a license, because he didn't meet their safety standards.

    This is on the heads of the deregulators, and not the pro-choice folks, who are just as shocked and the anti-choice folks.
    You know what I blame this on the breakdown of? Society. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw39tcyg7So&sns=em

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member shoneen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,819
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Moloney View Post
    This is absolutely gruesome stuff. It shows there is genuine evil in the world. How could a doctor do such thing? Doctor Kermit Gosnell is accused of performing appalling abortion procedures on poor inner-city women in Philadelphia.



    This is especially controversial as his abortion clinic had not been inspected since 1993. Although well intended, Philadelphia officials didn't want to inspect abortion facilities so women wouldn't face extra barriers when getting abortions, it does show that light or no regulation can be just as disastrous as it was in other areas, such as finance.
    Sure, to a lot of pro-choice people, this is just the same as topping an egg. After all, unless a foetus can walk, talk and feed itself, it's not really a person yet.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member lies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    2,916
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shoneen View Post
    Sure, to a lot of pro-choice people, this is just the same as topping an egg. After all, unless a foetus can walk, talk and feed itself, it's not really a person yet.
    Yea, that's BS, innit.

    All the pro-choice groups in America have called this guy a murderer, which is what he is.

    Why not go talk to the anti-choice Republicans, who decided to stop regulating abortion clinics... that's who let this happen, not evil pro-choice bogeymen.
    You know what I blame this on the breakdown of? Society. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw39tcyg7So&sns=em

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    736
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lies View Post
    Yea, that's BS, innit.

    All the pro-choice groups in America have called this guy a murderer, which is what he is.

    Why not go talk to the anti-choice Republicans, who decided to stop regulating abortion clinics... that's who let this happen, not evil pro-choice bogeymen.
    I didn't get that from the article. Correct me if I'm wrong but it says there were no inspections because:

    His clinic hadn't been inspected since 1993 though. That's when Philadelphia officials stopped inspecting abortion facilities so women wouldn't face extra barriers when getting abortions, according to the report.
    It seems the lack of anyone keeping an eye on him was to do with "good intentions". They don't mention anything about regulations.

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member shoneen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,819
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lies View Post
    Yea, that's BS, innit.

    All the pro-choice groups in America have called this guy a murderer, which is what he is.

    Why not go talk to the anti-choice Republicans, who decided to stop regulating abortion clinics... that's who let this happen, not evil pro-choice bogeymen.

    Yet they're more than happy for this to happen within the womb. I'm sorry, that's just self serving optics by the abortion industry, There is a yuck factor which they can't stand over. However look at the reaction to when they try to reduce the time limit for legitimate abortions. If you're happy that a week's development in the womb is the difference between a person and a clump of cells then so be it.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member SilverSpurs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    One foot in and one foot out
    Posts
    5,543
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    Um. Not to be pedantic (Well y'know..) but those aren't alleged to be "Appalling abortion procedures". The kids have been born, it's just alleged murder.
    Yes it suddenly becomes 'morally wrong' for some reason when they pass down the birth canal.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member lies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    2,916
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shoneen View Post
    Yet they're more than happy for this to happen within the womb. I'm sorry, that's just self serving optics by the abortion industry, There is a yuck factor which they can't stand over. However look at the reaction to when they try to reduce the time limit for legitimate abortions. If you're happy that a week's development in the womb is the difference between a person and a clump of cells then so be it.
    It's not is it.

    If it was you wouldn't have made this thread, which is just a shock tactic to try and get people to agree with you.

    The fact is this guy was a murderer.

    The fact is that the people that let him continue his murder were right-wingers.

    The fact is that all the pro-choice groups in America have attacked this guy and he's been charged with murder; this is not a normal situation.

    The fact is that you "accidentally" forgot to mention all of that.



    So, finally, the fact is this thread is basically anti-choice propaganda.
    You know what I blame this on the breakdown of? Society. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw39tcyg7So&sns=em

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member lies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    2,916
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Moloney View Post
    I didn't get that from the article. Correct me if I'm wrong but it says there were no inspections because:



    It seems the lack of anyone keeping an eye on him was to do with "good intentions". They don't mention anything about regulations.
    You are wrong.

    Former Governor Tom Ridge (Republican) has refused to comment on the matter. It was his administration that ended regular inspections of abortion clinics—a policy that continued until the Gosnell incident. The grand jury report stated that according to officials inspections would be "putting a barrier up to women" seeking abortions. "Warnings--from patients and their attorneys, a doctor at a Philadelphia hospital, women's health groups, pro-choice groups, and even an employee of the Philadelphia Department of Public Health--failed to prompt state and local authorities to investigate or take action against the clinic.
    Kermit Gosnell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    According to the report, the policy change occurred after 1993 when attorneys under the administration of then-governor Tom Ridge "interpreted the same regulations that had permitted annual inspections for years to no longer authorize those inspections." Thereafter, only inspections triggered by complaints were authorized. The report noted that Department of Public Health officials reinstituted regular inspections of abortion clinics in February 2010. Ed Rendell, the Pennsylvania Democrat whose second term as governor ended last week, released a statement saying he was "flabbergasted [5]" when he learned of the department's lax scrutiny of abortion clinics and immediately ordered increased inspections, the Associated Press reported.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_812702.html
    You know what I blame this on the breakdown of? Society. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw39tcyg7So&sns=em

Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •