Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: Should we repeal 8th Amendment to the Constitution?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Should we repeal 8th Amendment to the Constitution?

Now that the consequences of the 8th Amendment to the constitution which became Article 40.3.3. shown here in italics:

3 The State acknowledges the right to life of the unborn and, with due regard to the equal right to life of the mother, guarantees in its laws to respect, and, as far as practicable, by its laws to defend and vindicate that right.

This subsection shall not limit freedom to travel between the State and another state.
    This subsection shall not limit freedom to obtain or make available, in the State, subject to such conditions as may be laid down by law, information relating to services lawfully available in another state.

This consequences of this amendment is the needless deaths of women.

I would like the mods to put up a poll with a simple Yes/No answer to the question posed in the title maybe later we can have a poll on the outcome, if the answer is yes.
    There's a lot to be said for the fellow who doesn't say it himself. -- Maurice Switzer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

/MOD/ There are literally a dozen threads active in the last couple of months on the the current state of play of abortion in Ireland. /MOD/
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.