Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can someone in Killarney ask Niall Collins for answer on Garda Station closures

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Can someone in Killarney ask Niall Collins for answer on Garda Station closures

I saw a Fianna Fail tweet earlier saying:

"Spokesperson on Justice @NiallCollinsTD will be on @radiokerry after 10am re Public Crime Meeting in Killarney tonight"

Killarney seems to the latest venue for the Collins law & order publicity circus.

Perhaps somebody could ask this Fianna Fail Princeling if Fianna Fail are promising to reopen the closed Garda stations if they are returned to power?..... as I saw this claim on twitter a while back

As you can see collins was asked to confirm this but I don't recall seeing a reply from him.

Anybody going to the meeting....if so perhaps they could ask Collins in person and report back?

Politics.ie Member sauntersplash's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Perhaps a Parlaimentary Question might be appropriate?
    "No." - Rosa Parks

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE=williewatch;6641027]I saw a Fianna Fail tweet earlier saying:

"Spokesperson on Justice @NiallCollinsTD will be on @radiokerry after 10am re Public Crime Meeting in Killarney tonight"

Killarney seems to the latest venue for the Collins law & order publicity circus.

Perhaps somebody could ask this Fianna Fail Princeling if Fianna Fail are promising to reopen the closed Garda stations if they are returned to power?..... as I saw this on twitter a while back

As you can see collins was asked to confirm this but I don't recall seeing a reply from him.

Anybody going to the meeting....if so perhaps they could ask Collins in person and report back?[/QUOTE

mayoonmymind : Ah, leave the poor lad alone. Don't you know he has difficulty in forming his sentences.
    He is working on his English and SOMEDAY he will be ALMOST as fluent as the Poles, the Romanians and the other foreigners in our country. By then, he'll have learned to waffle in FF speak. I understand, Wee Willie is giving him pointers.
    BUT, I'd say it will take SOME time.

Politics.ie Member NewGoldDream's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE=mayoonmymind;6641050]
    Quote Originally Posted by williewatch View Post
    I saw a Fianna Fail tweet earlier saying:

Perhaps somebody could ask this Fianna Fail Princeling if Fianna Fail are promising to reopen the closed Garda stations if they are returned to power?..... as I saw this on twitter a while back

Anybody going to the meeting....if so perhaps they could ask Collins in person and report back?[/QUOTE

mayoonmymind : Ah, leave the poor lad alone. Don't you know he has difficulty in forming his sentences.
    He is working on his English and SOMEDAY he will be ALMOST as fluent as the Poles, the Romanians and the other foreigners in our country. By then, he'll have learned to waffle in FF speak. I understand, Wee Willie is giving him pointers.
    BUT, I'd say it will take SOME time.
    Not sure about your point that he has difficulty with his English.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE=NewGoldDream;6641104]
    Quote Originally Posted by mayoonmymind View Post

Not sure about your point that he has difficulty with his English.

Not sure? That implies you're not sure about his English.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE=wishywashy;6641129]
    Quote Originally Posted by NewGoldDream View Post

The poor fella himself is not sure of his English. I rest my case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wishywashy View Post
    Try it again.

I said I am not sure about the validity of the claim made, that he has difficulty with English.

It was an odd post, something about Poles and foreigners. Am I missing some reference, some comment he made against migrants or their standard of English?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The implication about his English is a slur. However, the question is a good one. FF are against the policy they were for when they were in govt. if they get back into govt, what policy are they going implement?

Same question on property tax- wrong tax wrong time is the mantra. Does that imply that they will a) repeal current tax & replace with welfare cuts and tax increases b) replace property tax with another property tax c) decide that when they get back that now is the right time?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh I am suuuuuuuuuuuuure it's FF policy to reopen every single station.

If they are not reopening every single station, I demand answers cos some guy said something on Twitter and some other guy took this to mean a policy to reopen every station, and policy should be decided by reaction to tweets.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Collins is not the worst offender. Tribune of the People Winston Ross is demanding the return of Sandyford which is in the Dublin South gangland triangle and more than 5 minutes drive from Dundrum. For some reason, there were over 30 Gardai stationed there .

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast