Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are right-wingers nicer people?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Are right-wingers nicer people?

Interesting piece reflecting on the reaction to the death of Thatcher. Mount poses the question as to whether right-wingers are actually nicer people as they would not react, he claims, in same way to death of someone on left as left did to Thatcher.

By the way, photo of women with poster is cringeworthy!

Are Right-wingers nicer than Left-wingers? – Telegraph Blogs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Telegraph: We are better than (group x)

Britain operated death squads - ''97% of the Loyalists I interviewed were working directly for the State.'' - Nuala O'Loan. #FreeAhedTamimi

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have read the comments on the Telegraph in particular about lesbian and gay people - hateful, heartless and cold.

Frankly, I wouldn't want to meet some of them on a dark alley.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes of course. Everyone knows they are far nicer than those nasty lefties

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are right-wingers nicer people?

Well, speaking with the benefit of many years of study, close observation and personal experience, I certainly am.
    “There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can’t think of one at the moment.”

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JDubliner View Post
    I have read the comments on the Telegraph in particular about lesbian and gay people - hateful, heartless and cold.

Frankly, I wouldn't want to meet some of them on a dark alley.
    Don't forget that despite Section 28, Thatcher voted to decriminalise homosexuality in the 1960's.

On the substantive issue of this thread. I think it varies from person to person, but that as a rule, the politics of personal destruction is mostly a Leftist tactic.

I consider myself as being a libertarian except on abortion and immigration.
    Last edited by Dame_Enda; 10th April 2013 at 10:46 AM.
    Real News.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think it's more than people in the centre both centre-right and centre-left are nicer people. Most of the vile abuse towards Thatcher has been coming from the hard left rather than the centre left.

The hard right don't demonise individual public figures in the same way that the hard left do, but they spread their hatred in other ways.

The centre is more rational and in most cases people on the extremes are motivated by hatred and anger.
    Last edited by Rocky; 10th April 2013 at 10:58 AM.
    "Give us the future, we've had enough of YOUR past, Give us back our country, to live in, to grow in and to love..."

Quote Originally Posted by Seanie Lemass View Post
    Interesting piece reflecting on the reaction to the death of Thatcher. Mount poses the question as to whether right-wingers are actually nicer people as they would not react, he claims, in same way to death of someone on left as left did to Thatcher.
    Tell it to Rachel Corrie while the real scummy crust of the right wing, in every country, form a queue around the corner to dance on her grave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Seanie Lemass View Post

By the way, photo of women with poster is cringeworthy!

Are Right-wingers nicer than Left-wingers? – Telegraph Blogs
    Strictly speaking about the reaction to Thatchers death, I cannot see a comparable leader from the left to compare with.
    We are talking about a democratically elected leader so we cannot compare the reaction to a left wing dictator, Thatcher instituted massive change in her state so we cannot talk about an ineffective leader and she created massive division in her home state as well.
    Won on the left is comparable when we talk about reactions?
    Arguably Chavez but he was in power when he died and his programmes were still in the process not finished.
    There was a fair bit of rejoicing from right wing anti-Chavez Venezuelans when he died, perhaps more muted because they were rightly worried about the reaction of the poor Venezuelans if they were hooten' and hollerin' in public.

The level of abuse from all sides of debates on p.ie would suggest that right and left are both very unpleasant in the right circumstances.

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Two words.

Sumo Harney.
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast