Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 66

Thread: Soros urges Germany to Quit Euro

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member Ulster-Lad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Dún na nGall
    Posts
    10,090
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Soros urges Germany to Quit Euro

    In a speech in Frankfurt, the Billionaire speculator George Soros, has urged Germany to quit the Euro. Given Germany's resistance to the introduction of Eurobonds Soros argues that Germany should leave.

    "If Germany left, the euro would depreciate," he said. "The debtor countries would regain their competitiveness. Their debt would diminish in real terms and, if they issued eurobonds, the threat of default would disappear. Their debt would suddenly become sustainable … and Europe would escape the looming depression."
    George Soros urges Angela Merkel to consider quitting euro | Business | guardian.co.uk

    Soros makes a valid argument and this same argument has been brought forward before. The question remains what will Germany do? I believe they will probably continue to kick the can.
    ‘The Great only appear great because we are on our knees: Let Us Rise!’ “ (James Larkin)

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member Ulster-Lad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Dún na nGall
    Posts
    10,090
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    The same argument, that Germany should leave the Euro, was made almost a year ago to date.

    By contrast, if Germany were the one to leave, the euro would be the currency that falls in value, relative to Germany’s new national currency and also to the dollar. The weaker European countries would get to keep the euro but still get the devaluation they need, which would reduce their labor costs far less painfully than through wage cuts. In addition, the value of their outstanding debt would decline along with the value of the euro, and they would be more likely to be able to make payments on that debt and avoid defaulting.

    Read more: Why Germany Should Leave the Euro Zone | TIME.com
    ‘The Great only appear great because we are on our knees: Let Us Rise!’ “ (James Larkin)

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member Lempo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Shore of North Baltic
    Posts
    6,305
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    The only news there is that George Soros has changed his previous stance, and him being mainly an investor we should not look at what he says but rather what his money does.

    Germany is not exactly the only EZ country opposing the eurobonds, so Germany would not be the only one to leave. And when the biggest players in the EZ would be France, Italy and Spain, every little country not yet on the rocks would have to consider really hard if they want to go there themselves.

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member lies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    2,916
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulster-Lad View Post
    In a speech in Frankfurt, the Billionaire speculator George Soros, has urged Germany to quit the Euro. Given Germany's resistance to the introduction of Eurobonds Soros argues that Germany should leave.



    George Soros urges Angela Merkel to consider quitting euro | Business | guardian.co.uk

    Soros makes a valid argument and this same argument has been brought forward before. The question remains what will Germany do? I believe they will probably continue to kick the can.
    His first preference is Eurobonds and an end to austerity measures.
    You know what I blame this on the breakdown of? Society. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw39tcyg7So&sns=em

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member Nemesiscorporation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Planet earth
    Posts
    14,081
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulster-Lad View Post
    In a speech in Frankfurt, the Billionaire speculator George Soros, has urged Germany to quit the Euro. Given Germany's resistance to the introduction of Eurobonds Soros argues that Germany should leave.



    George Soros urges Angela Merkel to consider quitting euro | Business | guardian.co.uk

    Soros makes a valid argument and this same argument has been brought forward before. The question remains what will Germany do? I believe they will probably continue to kick the can.
    Soros is one of the people responsible for this mess and keeping this crisis continuing in perpetuity.

    Soros is only interesting in making profit and could not care less if in doing so, he tears Europe apart.

    I assume Soros has a market position whereby he profits if the Euro drops in value for a while. If his market position and press releases create market uncertainty that causes job losses for ordinary people, Soros will not care as long as he makes profit.

    If he does not make profit, he would be first in line for Bankster-Developer welfare and be bailed out, unlike the rest of the 99.99% of people who are not masters of the markets.

    If Soros is found to be trying to force a market position, I would call for him to be asset stripped and put in forced labour for the rest of his natural life as an example.

    The financiers have made a fortune out of this economic crisis. That now needs to stop and governments need to concentrate on helping the majority of there citizens before it is to late and there is chaos.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member Ulster-Lad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Dún na nGall
    Posts
    10,090
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiscorporation View Post
    Soros is one of the people responsible for this mess and keeping this crisis continuing in perpetuity.

    Soros is only interesting in making profit and could not care less if in doing so, he tears Europe apart.

    I assume Soros has a market position whereby he profits if the Euro drops in value for a while. If his market position and press releases create market uncertainty that causes job losses for ordinary people, Soros will not care as long as he makes profit.

    If he does not make profit, he would be first in line for Bankster-Developer welfare and be bailed out, unlike the rest of the 99.99% of people who are not masters of the markets.

    If Soros is found to be trying to force a market position, I would call for him to be asset stripped and put in forced labour for the rest of his natural life as an example.

    The financiers have made a fortune out of this economic crisis. That now needs to stop and governments need to concentrate on helping the majority of there citizens before it is to late and there is chaos.
    Can you show where Soros is in any way responsible for the current situation? He did bet against the yen and the British pound in the past and made a fortune.
    ‘The Great only appear great because we are on our knees: Let Us Rise!’ “ (James Larkin)

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    12,331
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulster-Lad View Post
    Can you show where Soros is in any way responsible for the current situation? He did bet against the yen and the British pound in the past and made a fortune.
    Yah - he's totally someone who's thinking of the your best interests. And very much your currency's friend...
    Never let the best be the enemy of the good.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member Ulster-Lad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Dún na nGall
    Posts
    10,090
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ibis View Post
    Yah - he's totally someone who's thinking of the your best interests. And very much your currency's friend...
    Come on Ibis I expected better from you. Can you refute this claim?

    "If Germany left, the euro would depreciate," he said. "The debtor countries would regain their competitiveness. Their debt would diminish in real terms and, if they issued eurobonds, the threat of default would disappear. Their debt would suddenly become sustainable … and Europe would escape the looming depression."
    ‘The Great only appear great because we are on our knees: Let Us Rise!’ “ (James Larkin)

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member Volatire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    12,539
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulster-Lad View Post
    In a speech in Frankfurt, the Billionaire speculator George Soros, has urged Germany to quit the Euro. Given Germany's resistance to the introduction of Eurobonds Soros argues that Germany should leave.



    George Soros urges Angela Merkel to consider quitting euro | Business | guardian.co.uk

    Soros makes a valid argument and this same argument has been brought forward before. The question remains what will Germany do? I believe they will probably continue to kick the can.
    Mr Soros has repeatedly called for Germany to do more to support the single currency or leave it. Last October, he said that Germany should act as the leader of the union such as the United States was for the free world after the Second World War.
    It didn't take long for the euro-shills to start their screeching about anglo-saxon speculators and international jewish financiers.

    Soros nails it.

    Instead of showing leadership, the "creditor nations" sneer at and abuse the victims of the flawed euro-system.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member RobertW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    20,477
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    The euro would not last long without the Germans. It is an effective German currency

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •