Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Earthquake at Bushehr, Iran

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Earthquake at Bushehr, Iran

There has been a 6.3 magnitude earthquake at Bushehr, Iran. The significance is this is where Iran has a major Nuclear facility. Hopefully the radiation is under control. Scores are dead apparently.

Scores dead in Iran quake near nuclear plant - Central & South Asia - Al Jazeera English
    Last edited by He3; 9th April 2013 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Typo fix request
    ‘The Great only appear great because we are on our knees: Let Us Rise!’ “ (James Larkin)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Supposedly the Nuclear facility is undamaged and No radiation was released. They said the same thing about Fukushima. I suppose we will see what the final outcome is.

Can a MOD change the spelling to Bushehr in the OP please?
    ‘The Great only appear great because we are on our knees: Let Us Rise!’ “ (James Larkin)

Politics.ie Member Nebuchadnezzar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ulster-Lad View Post
    There has been a 6.3 magnitude earthquake at Bushear, Iran. The significance is this is where Iran has a major Nuclear facility. Hopefully the radiation is under control. Scores are dead apparently.

Scores dead in Iran quake near nuclear plant - Central & South Asia - Al Jazeera English
    The nuclear plant at Bushehr sounds like a disaster waiting to happen, this article is dated May 2011 -

"The seismic danger to Iran and its implications for the reactor in Bushehr could be disastrous for Iran, similar to the disaster in Fukushima, Japan," states the report, which was commissioned shortly after the Japanese reactor was crippled by the tsunami on March 11.
    Iran 'ignores' earthquake threat to nuclear plant - Telegraph

Iran should not delay making necessary improvements in nuclear safety or conflate its safety shortcomings with its refusal to cooperate with the IAEA on resolving a range of questions about its nuclear weapon-related activities. The Iranian regime has a responsibility to its citizens and neighbors to safely operate the Bushehr reactor. In the wake of the Fukushima nuclear disaster, given Iran’s history of earthquakes, its newcomer status to nuclear power, and legitimate concerns about its regulations and equipment, Iran should immediately sign and ratify the safety convention, grant independence to its regulatory authority, implement all the recommendations of the IAEA safety team, and subject its safety standards to rigorous independent peer review.
    Institute for Science and International Security › ISIS Reports › Iran › Iran Signals Continued Delay in Ratifying Nuclear Safety Pact: Is the Bushehr Power Reactor Safe?
    Last edited by Nebuchadnezzar; 9th April 2013 at 07:06 PM.
    Is not this the great Babylon that I have built.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i smell a dirty isreali attack here
    "If we VOTE YES there will be no more austere budgets. Fact " Hammer, mayday 12'

Quote Originally Posted by neiphin View Post
    Israel does not have a High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

God but I hope they have a China meltdown. Take out half of Iran and Saudi Arabia with them. Never get that lucky I suppose!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, clearly the Jews engineered this!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
    God but I hope they have a China meltdown. Take out half of Iran and Saudi Arabia with them. Never get that lucky I suppose!
    did they do something to you ?
    "If we VOTE YES there will be no more austere budgets. Fact " Hammer, mayday 12'

Dammit you beat my "how long before someone blames Mossad?" post.
    Thank you for the six thousand likes.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
    Whatever anyone's personal blend of politics, that's a remarkably callous thing to say.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast