Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Letter from University Hospital Galway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default A Letter from University Hospital Galway

I received this gem this morning. Have to cut out bits and pieces, ya know yourself but if you can remember that the wound in question needing treatment arrived in 2009 whilst I was in a Coma and is still with me to this day. Okay?

Dear Mary Smith,

Our records show you are currently on an outpatient waiting list in University Hospital Galway under DUNNE, MR. A. PLASTIC CONSULTANT.

You were referred by Dr. Mickey Mouse on 1st. February 2012.

We are currently updating our outpatient waiting lists and would be grateful if you could confirm whether you still want to remain on this waiting list and that your details are correct.

Please telephone.....dadadadadadada.......

Yours sincerely

Chicken Little
    Waiting List Manager

In other words, "have ya died yet by any chance please God ya have". Not to mention me sitting here this morning wondering why they were calling this medic a "PLASTIC CONSULTANT".

By the way, I live in Castlebar, Co. Mayo. It costs a fortune to get to Galway and I have no money, but hey, maybe the hearse will drop me off on the way out to collect other patients who waited years on the "waiting list". Meanwhile, I'll carry on going up the road to the clinic, twice a week, to get the wound dressed. Four years and counting. Did I tell you about me leg.......
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results: I present, The Irish politcal system: Thank you Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Owl View Post
    I received this gem this morning. Have to cut out bits and pieces, ya know yourself but if you can remember that the wound in question needing treatment arrived in 2009 whilst I was in a Coma and is still with me to this day. Okay?

Dear Mary Smith,

Our records show you are currently on an outpatient waiting list in University Hospital Galway under DUNNE, MR. A. PLASTIC CONSULTANT.

We are currently updating our outpatient waiting lists and would be grateful if you could confirm whether you still want to remain on this waiting list and that your details are correct.

Yours sincerely

Chicken Little
    Waiting List Manager

In other words, "have ya died yet by any chance please God ya have". Not to mention me sitting here this morning wondering why they were calling this medic a "PLASTIC CONSULTANT".

By the way, I live in Castlebar, Co. Mayo. It costs a fortune to get to Galway and I have no money, but hey, maybe the hearse will drop me off on the way out to collect other patients who waited years on the "waiting list". Meanwhile, I'll carry on going up the road to the clinic, twice a week, to get the wound dressed. Four years and counting. Did I tell you about me leg.......
    Ireland 2013.... it's shameful, truly shameful.

I remember you posting about your leg before and hope it's clears sooner rather than later....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Presuming the letter did not include an appt date so.....!!!!!....

Is it really four years...????....doesnt time fly....
    When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dear Mary Smith,

Yours sincerely

Chicken Little
    Waiting List Manager

Ah they're just checking that 1. You haven't carked it. 2. That there wasn't a miraculous cure in Mayo. 3. That their OPD lists are accurate so that 4. The HSE can then announce that there isn't actually 380k+ who are waiting on their first OPD appointment.

Are you waiting 14 months for a plastics appointment then?

Give Oscar Pristorios a shout; he's a couple of spare legs, he won't be using again

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dear Mary Smith,

Yours sincerely

Chicken Little
    Waiting List Manager

Waiting list MANAGER????????? eNVELOPE mANAGER bIRO mANAGER?????????jEEZ THE HSE.............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yep, me poor owl heart nearly gave out when I saw the headed paper. "Dear Holy God", I prayed fervantly and instantly, "tanx very much for yer help and I'm heartly contrite for not having believed in you for years and years, forgive me my beloved Lord". Then I read the letter.

Needless to say I am once again an Atheist and called me non existant god all the names going as I do every Sunday when I don't win the lotto, but that's alright because he won't be upset with me because he doesn't exist the two-faced lying ba............... Sorry. Sorry believers. Them springs that fella in South Africa wears wouldn't be any use to me ShoutingLeadership. I'd have to Spring-Hop Spring-Hop as t'other leg is grand. Well, unless I break it and go back to Mayo General to get it fixed, then please rush me the other spring.
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results: I present, The Irish politcal system: Thank you Einstein

Dublin-Male-Hetero-ABFF but worried about FGLab
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Some well meaning advice from someone who is clueless and without experience:
    Did you talk to your local TD or councillor about it? I hope I am not sending you on a wild goose chase. If an election is coming up sometime, then that's a good time to ask.
    "Well, OK. Fine. As long as it comes with a steady paycheck, I'd believe whatever they wanted me to believe, as the Guy in Ghostbusters said."

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When abortion is legalized if you are pregnant and want an abortion the waiting list will probably be 2 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shpake View Post
    Some well meaning advice from someone who is clueless and without experience:
    Did you talk to your local TD or councillor about it? I hope I am not sending you on a wild goose chase. If an election is coming up sometime, then that's a good time to ask.
    Oh yes, Shpake, not only T.D.s and one Councillor but also went to my ex-solicitor who told me that no solicitor in Castlebar, nay, in Mayo, would touch such a case as "we are a very tight unit, and most of us are friends with the Hospital consultants, so sorry, but no, but I can give you a phone number for a solicitor in Slgio". He immediately became my ex-solicitor, and needless to say he was devastated. He became my solicitor when my daughter sent him into me when I woke up from the coma in order to get me to make a will. The daughter is now an ex-daughter now as well.

I'm joking, I think.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast