Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Niall Collins only Limerick TD not to answer Irish Examiner questions on penalty points?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Is Niall Collins only Limerick TD not to answer Irish Examiner questions on penalty points?

One of our Limerick TDs Niall Collins has failed to answer questions from the Irish Examiner on penalty points. Is he the only Limerick TD not to have done so?

Irish Examiner questions TDs on penalty points

Collins is normally very busy churning out press releases at the drop of a hat.

But now Collins seems to have chosen to remain silent in the face of the Examiners questions on penalty points.

Maybe he is just following the example of his illustrious leader MicheŠl Martin who has also not answered the question on penalty points.

While Collins seems to be the only Limerick TD to take this approach (as far as I know) he is not alone in not answering.

"Fianna FŠilís Timmy Dooley and Niall Collins refused to answer queries about penalty points, as did Independent TDs Michael Healy-Rae and Michael Lowry, as well as Fine Gaelís Paul Kehoe. "

OK, I agree that the above is pretty much a list of political nobodies, what about this crowd "Among those who failed to respond were the leaders of the main parties: Fine Gaelís Enda Kenny; Labourís Eamon Gilmore;"

and oddly enough

"Justice Minister Alan Shatter and Transport Minister Leo Varadkar also failed to respond, despite having responsibility for this area. "

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Andrew doyles points are semi quashed in his wifes hand bag
    ANGER IS A POLICY, GET OFF YOUR KNEES

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by williewatch View Post
    One of our Limerick TDs Niall Collins has failed to answer questions from the Irish Examiner on penalty points. Is he the only Limerick TD not to have done so?

Irish Examiner questions TDs on penalty points

Collins is normally very busy churning out press releases at the drop of a hat.

But now Collins seems to have chosen to remain silent in the face of the Examiners questions on penalty points.

Maybe he is just following the example of his illustrious leader MicheŠl Martin who has also not answered the question on penalty points.

While Collins seems to be the only Limerick TD to take this approach (as far as I know) he is not alone in not answering.

"Fianna FŠil’s Timmy Dooley and Niall Collins refused to answer queries about penalty points, as did Independent TDs Michael Healy-Rae and Michael Lowry, as well as Fine Gael’s Paul Kehoe. "

OK, I agree that the above is pretty much a list of political nobodies, what about this crowd "Among those who failed to respond were the leaders of the main parties: Fine Gael’s Enda Kenny; Labour’s Eamon Gilmore;"

and oddly enough

"Justice Minister Alan Shatter and Transport Minister Leo Varadkar also failed to respond, despite having responsibility for this area. "
    I fail to see how the number of penalty points accumulated by a politician is of any relevance to their performance as politicians.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I heard Seamus Kirk earlier today, he seemed to think that if he claimed that was travelling to or from the Dail he was immune to prosecution on any count. Mind blowing arrogance. The fact that he was a legislator implies that he has a higher standard to keep than the ordinary punter. Ceaser's wife and all that.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fair play Williewatch. wish there were a few more like you around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Niall Collins is a nasty piece of work. Heard him on Radio Kerry on one interview and he was obnoxious personified.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by happytuesdays View Post
    Fair play Williewatch. wish there were a few more like you around.
    No, one's quite enough - anyway he'd lose his uniqueness.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

So basically a bunch of politicians ignored a spam request?
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    I fail to see how the number of penalty points accumulated by a politician is of any relevance to their performance as politicians.
    So the behaviour of a politican who blatantly ignores the law he himself has passed (on the basis of a Civil War era excuse) is of no relevance? Which tribe do you follow again?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FakeViking View Post
    So the behaviour of a politican who blatantly ignores the law he himself has passed (on the basis of a Civil War era excuse) is of no relevance? Which tribe do you follow again?
    I don't understand the relevance of the Civil War comment. As for your general point, are we to probe, via lazy journalism, ever minor transgression of politicians?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast