Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Police Youth Commissioner is an admitted racist, drug user and homophobe. Does anyone screen interviewees any more?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Police Youth Commissioner is an admitted racist, drug user and homophobe. Does anyone screen interviewees any more?

KENTíS first youth police commissioner is facing calls to quit after tweets in which she boasted about her sex life, drug taking and drinking binges were revealed.

Violent, racist and anti-gay comments were also posted on the Twitter account of 17-year-old Paris Brown @vilulabelle This Twitter account has since been removed
    So she has, over the course of the last year, tweeted about wanting to "Cut everyone around her", encouraged an assault, called people on tv shows "fags", admitted to being racist and doing drugs.

The idiot who hired her is standing by her, saying that she's matured. Over the last 2 months.

People are idiots, and people are racist/sexist whatever. But this is a job. It's a job that pays 15,000 tax payers money a year. Why in the name of Jesus would you not do even the most basic check online before hiring someone? All this information was out there. Wouldn't a candidate for the role of this sort who admits to committing crimes and being racist be eliminated at the first hurdle?

Barnes' doesn't think so.

The PCC said she did not think she had made a mistake by appointing Paris, who went through a "proper recruitment process" and vetting by the force.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Saw the interview on BBC News with her earlier. Pretty cringeworthy. Everyday I'm more thankful that twitter and facebook didn't exist when I was a teenager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

WTF is a Police Youth Commissioner anyway? The Brits sure are good at creating useless public sector jobs out of thin air. It's like these new elected "Police Commissioners" they have that don't actually have any meaningful powers. The Chief Constable, appointed by Whitehall, still has all the powers. Gobshytes!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    So she has, over the course of the last year, tweeted about wanting to "Cut everyone around her", encouraged an assault, called people on tv shows "fags", admitted to being racist and doing drugs.

The idiot who hired her is standing by her, saying that she's matured. Over the last 2 months.

People are idiots, and people are racist/sexist whatever. But this is a job. It's a job that pays 15,000 tax payers money a year. Why in the name of Jesus would you not do even the most basic check online before hiring someone? All this information was out there. Wouldn't a candidate for the role of this sort who admits to committing crimes and being racist be eliminated at the first hurdle?

Barnes' doesn't think so.
    Apart from the drug use she will fit in nicely in the constabulary.
    Seriously though, this is a bad mistake if true.
    Any links to the racist, violent or homophobic statements?
    What exactly is her role as a youth commissioner?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Zoo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prester Jim View Post
    I'd like to know if a Yoof Commissioner is even necessary in the first place?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prester Jim View Post
    Sky News and the Sunday mail have them : Teen Crime Commissioner In Offensive Tweet Row

The plan is for her to provide a link between the yoof and police.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Makes you wonder who they turned down for the job.
    Britain operated death squads - ''97% of the Loyalists I interviewed were working directly for the State.'' - Nuala O'Loan. #FreeAhedTamimi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    Sky News and the Sunday mail have them : Teen Crime Commissioner In Offensive Tweet Row

The plan is for her to provide a link between the yoof and police.
    And they needed to give some chav 15 grand to do that? I can see why the Tories are considered the party of financial prudence.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ren84 View Post
    And they needed to give some chav 15 grand to do that? I can see why the Tories are considered the party of financial prudence.
    The Tories think it's a dumb idea to begin with and have called for her to quit. The money's coming from the PCC's pocket.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast