Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Fine Gael rely on Lowry for support if Labour pulls out of government?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Will Fine Gael rely on Lowry for support if Labour pulls out of government?

An election in 2015 with Labour in Opposition? - Independent.ie

The withdrawal of Labour does not mean the Government will fall; more likely, Fine Gael will continue as a minority Government for a few months with the "bribed" support of Independents, if needs be such as their old friend Michael Lowry.
    Lowry was found by the McCracken Tribunal to have been a tax evader and by the Moriarty Tribunal to have given Denis O'Brien's consortium an advantage in the mobile-phone licence contest. Surely, therefore, Enda Kenny would be committing political suicide if he relied on Lowry for support of a Fine Gael minority government if Labour pulls out.

Politics.ie Member Marcos the black's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No.
    You'll never go broke appealing to the lowest common denominator.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They would for the GOOD of the Country --Ya Know...........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Don't base any predictions on what you see coming out of INM - they have their own agenda and should not be seen as either a reliable reporter or a reliable commentator.
    If they come to ethnically cleanse me, Will you speak out? Will you defend me?
    Freedom of expression doesn't make it alright, Trampled underfoot by the rise of the right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

At the whist drive at the weekend end I played a few hands with some very shrewd farming folk, who whould have had great confidence in this government before the property tax letters arrived this week demanding €45 for this year.

Well anyway the gentrified gentlemen told me in the strictist confidence that this government will not see the year out and it will not be Labour walking out of government.

The swallows on the telegraph wires are singing that the senior coalition party will call a snap election with the hope of securing an overall majority.

As I mentioned above I was told this in the strictest of confidence so keep it under yer hats.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Its a pretty silly OP.
    FG + Dolly Mixture<>Majority

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They already have his support and the same ideology.

Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos the black View Post
    No.
    Ya really think so Marcos ?

I'd have thought you were smarter than that.

Of course they will. It'll be nothing formal.. simply explained away by saying.. constantly.. .Deputy Lowry is entitled to vote any way he wishes... but we have no arrangement with him

However, you'll find Mick attending the Dail an awful lot more than he's currently used to
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No. General election.
    "So how are things at the Campaign for the Freedom of Information, by the way?" "Sorry, I can't talk about that"

Politics.ie Member Marcos the black's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rockofcashel View Post
    Ya really think so Marcos ?

I'd have thought you were smarter than that.

Of course they will. It'll be nothing formal.. simply explained away by saying.. constantly.. .Deputy Lowry is entitled to vote any way he wishes... but we have no arrangement with him

However, you'll find Mick attending the Dail an awful lot more than he's currently used to
    Hrmmm... First of all I don't think Labour will pull out of govt and 2) there's enough options out there if they did that dealing with Lowry would just be silly.
    You'll never go broke appealing to the lowest common denominator.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast