Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Sinn Fein church gate collection

Politics.ie Member the secretary's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Sinn Fein church gate collection

This morning I was faced with passing two members of Sinn Fein when collecting their party's national church gate collection on the way into mass.
    Both were well known to me.
    I resented giving them some of my change due to the stance on abortion that their party has taken. Against my will I did give them some money.
    But, before I parted with my cash I told them that they had some nerve to come to the gate collecting and cited that it was because of their position on abortion . Both just laughed. One of the collectors is an atheist and openly makes little of those who go to mass at the weekends.
    Another man was following me in and told them he agreed fully with what I had just said.
    Did anyone else meet SF members this morning and think the same thing?
    Was I right to make my feelings on them be known?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the secretary View Post
    Against my will I did give them some money.
    Why?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just leave the party Peadar.

It's the easiest way.
    I believe that children are the future

Unless we stop them now.

Politics.ie Member harshreality's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pardon me for asking but why did you donate? Has it become compulsory to contribute to church gate collections all of a sudden?

In answer to your final point, yes you were right, and well entitled to make your thoughts known but you undid it all by contributing!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Didn't see anyone, but then I don't go to church and haven't left the house all day (cheaper).
    Disclosures Tribunal - #OnlyForTheTape...

Dylan2010

"against my will" lol

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

This morning I was faced with passing two members of Sinn Fein when collecting their party's national church gate collection on the way into mass.
    I resented giving them some of my change due to the stance on abortion that their party has taken. Against my will I did give them some money.
    But, before I parted with my cash I told them that they had some nerve to come to the gate collecting and cited that it was because of their position on abortion . Both just laughed. One of the collectors is an atheist and openly makes little of those who go to mass at the weekends.
    Another man was following me in and told them he agreed fully with what I had just said.
    Against my will I did give them some money.

Unless they held you up at gunpoint

- then it wasn't against your will then was it?

If this was outside a Catholic Church then yes its completely hypocritical of SF to do it

- but hey what's new?
    If you can convince a People to engage in the mass elimination of their own offspring - you can probably get them to do anything...http://irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

Politics.ie Member the_Observer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Politics.ie Member flavirostris's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When is the FF chuch gate collection. I have a brown manilla envelope I want to toss into their collection bucket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The mind boggles, the OP is I think an FFer and felt he had to contribute to put up a show of not being a miserable or confrontational character or something. WTF?

It's also worth noting that a lot of woman who are in life changing debt because of FFs stoking of the property bubble will have abortions directly as a result of the financial situation that FF has put them in. Heal thyself first physician, me thinks.
    Last edited by Plebian; 7th April 2013 at 04:17 PM.

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast