Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And We Thought Our Religious Bukos Were Bad

Politics.ie Member General Urko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default And We Thought Our Religious Bukos Were Bad

I couldn't believe that such a practice particulaily in this acutely insane way is allowed to exist and be legal or in any way acceptable in a Western nation!

Two more babies stricken with HERPES after ritual oral blood sucking circumcision in New York City | Mail Online

I am opposed to circumcision on children until they become adults and can make that decision for themselves! It has the added bonus of being more painful having it done as an adult (a few close friends of mine have it done as adults for medical reasons and it hurt, both are complete atheists!), They could probably use their pain as a proof of their comitment to the cause!
    I am violently opposed to FGM of course and there is no religion as far as I know that calls for it and Judaism in particular has a strong rule against it!
    It is(female circumcision) sometimes linked with Islam but in actual fact is a cultural thing and takes place in some christian tribes as well in Africa!
    The notion that a holy man (in this case A Hassidic Rabbi) Oral suction and infant can conceivably be used in the same sentence frightens me no end!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The late Reverend Fathers, Sean Fortune and Brendan Smyth would be all on, I bet, for introducing metzitzah b'peh into Catholic practice and no doubt they wouldn't be alone!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As wrong as it is, circumcision is performed as part of religious pageantry. The child sexual abuse performed by the RCC was for personal gratification so not the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chapm View Post
    As wrong as it is, circumcision is performed as part of religious pageantry. The child sexual abuse performed by the RCC was for personal gratification so not the same.
    And babies as stated in the article have died in first world medically advanced nations as a direct consequence of it, particularly "oral Circumcision", what type of mind could have invented such a variant on the practice or practice it, only an extreme pervert!
    The original notion of circumcision probably comes from pagan practicises and like a lot of these was absorbed into the newer religions which came after them! But given that grit getting under your foreskin, when you are having a slash in the dessert could be quite painful, it probably came about because of a of practicality and religion mixing - pragmatic behaviour!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chapm View Post
    Whats the difference?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Urko View Post
    I couldn't believe that such a practice particulaily in this acutely insane way is allowed to exist and be legal or in any way acceptable in a Western nation!

Two more babies stricken with HERPES after ritual oral blood sucking circumcision in New York City | Mail Online

I am opposed to circumcision on children until they become adults and can make that decision for themselves! It has the added bonus of being more painful having it done as an adult (a few close friends of mine have it done as adults for medical reasons and it hurt, both are complete atheists!), They could probably use their pain as a proof of their comitment to the cause!
    I am violently opposed to FGM of course and there is no religion as far as I know that calls for it and Judaism in particular has a strong rule against it!
    It is(female circumcision) sometimes linked with Islam but in actual fact is a cultural thing and takes place in some christian tribes as well in Africa!
    The notion that a holy man (in this case A Hassidic Rabbi) Oral suction and infant can conceivably be used in the same sentence frightens me no end!
    For the cruel irony here, if that first paragraph there is a cut against circumcision as a general proposition:

Does circumcision influence recurrences in herpes genitalis?
    RESULTS AND CONCLUSIONS:

Six patients and six controls did not follow-up. Seven patients reported no recurrences during 3-18 years, seven patients had two to six recurrences during 11-27 years of postcircumcision follow-up, 0.0080 (average) recurrences per person per year as compared with 0.20 (average) recurrences per person per year recorded before the circumcision. Two patients had first recurrence 11 years after the circumcision. In comparison, 14 controls had 0.17 (average) recurrences per person per year, comparable with the number of recurrences in uncircumcised patients, and frequently at shorter intervals. Despite being a small study, the circumcision appears to reduce the number of recurrences on an average and evidently prolongs the disease-free period in between two recurrences.
    Don't confuse me with facts; my mind is already made up.

Ramps

Quote Originally Posted by yobosayo View Post
    For the cruel irony here, if that first paragraph there is a cut against circumcision as a general proposition:

Does circumcision influence recurrences in herpes genitalis?
    RESULTS AND CONCLUSIONS:

Six patients and six controls did not follow-up. Seven patients reported no recurrences during 3-18 years, seven patients had two to six recurrences during 11-27 years of postcircumcision follow-up, 0.0080 (average) recurrences per person per year as compared with 0.20 (average) recurrences per person per year recorded before the circumcision. Two patients had first recurrence 11 years after the circumcision. In comparison, 14 controls had 0.17 (average) recurrences per person per year, comparable with the number of recurrences in uncircumcised patients, and frequently at shorter intervals. Despite being a small study, the circumcision appears to reduce the number of recurrences on an average and evidently prolongs the disease-free period in between two recurrences.
    Then adults should have no trouble deciding , after weighing up the medical evidence, is it worth removing a part of their bodies to reduce the risk of catching a virus that it is very easy to avoid catching, no?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Last edited by odlum; 7th April 2013 at 10:10 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ramps View Post
    Then adults should have no trouble deciding , after weighing up the medical evidence, is it worth removing a part of their bodies to reduce the risk of catching a virus that it is very easy to avoid catching, no?
    I don't know that I'd say that it was not so easy to catch, and there may also be other benefits, like perhaps reducing your chance of coming down with penile cancer.

That said, why is it that the attack is only against this religious practice? Is anyone raising a fuss over parents having their daughter's ears pierced? May not be losing some skin there, but could be described as mutilation. Also as with circumcision, or even a mere accidental cut, any time one opens access to the bloodstream..... And the practice otherwise isn't any less "religious" than circumcision.
    Don't confuse me with facts; my mind is already made up.

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by odlum View Post
    Fianna Fáil will end emigration. Our party has the skills, leadership and determination to reverse what the present squatters on the government benches have done. The people are rising up with Fianna Fáil as per the opinion polls. The Fianna Fáil Spring is under way.

Micheál 2016.
    This is a serious thread, about a life and death issue, and you throw in an abusrd, laughable, quotation from a clown.

Bad taste.
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast