Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Remain In Ireland?

Default Why Do You Remain In Ireland?

The current situation need not be explained. We know how people are feeling; down, fed up, depressed even. And it's only the start...it will get much, much worse.

There are little jobs and those fortunate enough to be employed have a host of taxes to look forward to, with even more coming down the line. Your home, even though you paid SD, has been targeted too by a tax conjured up out of thin air because, well...

You're gambling if you have all your eggs in one basket ie - euros. You've a deathwish if you still have them in the banks. You're going to have less and less in your pocket to spend year on year. Those on the dole will see their handouts decrease so no point staying for that.

My advice to you if you're young or have something saved away is to get out while you can. Get out before your family is fleeced. There are great opportunities abroad! I have found far greater happiness overseas than I ever would have here. What's stopping you? Too old? Responsibilities?

Why do you remain here? What is keeping you here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bad health is the only thing keeping me here. I'd be gone in the morning otherwise.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm a creature of habit. I can't ever see myself living outside of Ireland. I was born and raised here and belong here really.
    Last edited by Narcissist; 6th April 2013 at 04:46 PM.

Do you work for the government by any chance?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    Bad health is the only thing keeping me here. I'd be gone in the morning otherwise.
    I have heard anecdotally that Sexaholics Anonymous is on the rise in our unfair land. Somehow, this cheers me up. There's always the possibility of meeting someone who has fallen off the wagon. Desperate times etc.,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R3volution_R3ady View Post
    The current situation need not be explained. We know how people are feeling; down, fed up, depressed even. And it's only the start...it will get much, much worse.
    It's not.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

because if our ancestors managed to get through thousads of years of famine and war....i think we can make it through a little recession

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by enochpowell View Post
    because if our ancestors managed to get through thousads of years of famine and war....i think we can make it through a little recession
    Ah but don't you know we're a third world dump with a standard of living comparable to Somalia...lol

Well according to a lot of Irish people who engage in emotional hyperbole we are...lol

Politics.ie Member the secretary's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by enochpowell View Post
    The British did not force my ancestors to leave the country, the current crisis won't force me to abandon it now.

Fear of the unknown I suppose

Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast