Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Strongly Is The Habitual Residency Requirement Being Enforced By DSP?

Politics.ie Member General Urko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default How Strongly Is The Habitual Residency Requirement Being Enforced By DSP?

I just saw it recently again, while looking into another SW matter and along with it being absolutely disgusting if enforced against Irish and UK citizens, it seems to be highly ambiguous!
    If you come here from abroad (EU) as a single parent does it apply as your payment would be similar to the child benefit payment which is payable to such a person even if they have no contact with their children or that their children have never set foot in Ireland (indeed I know of a case of a Russian Lithuanian who is claiming for children with his wife and girlfriend, all of whom except him live there and it gets paid directly to him and drank directly by him)
    Also if denied can you qualify for supplementary welfare, virtually the same?
    And what is the common travel area?
    Can those young people spending a year in Oz be caught under it?
    How can it possibly be constitutional?
    Has Mickey Ring TD anything to say about it recently, he couldn't shut up on the matter prior to the last GE?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well any offers on this one?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The trolls are a-coming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The social welfare are finally getting facial recognition tech? (in the indo) one day the morons in SW will implement what many IT companies have been doing for years in their buildings, swipe your ID card then a fingerprint scan, hey presto ! access is granted.

Imagine a simple thing like this was implemented on a Irish/British joint venture.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by storybud1 View Post
    The social welfare are finally getting facial recognition tech? (in the indo) one day the morons in SW will implement what many IT companies have been doing for years in their buildings, swipe your ID card then a fingerprint scan, hey presto ! access is granted.

Imagine a simple thing like this was implemented on a Irish/British joint venture.
    My understanding is that the Irish and British SW computer systems and details have been compatible with each other for years! There was an initial issue from the Irish end as to how far back to go, as so many Irish people in Britain had been defrauding the UK system by e.g. using several different birth certs to claim unemployment benefits in several different areas! The Irish SW system did not want to harshly treat Irish people for this external fraud!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ren84 View Post
    The trolls are a-coming.
    Genuine thread no trolling intended from my end!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Urko View Post
    I know. But anything to do with migrants and SW usually ends up a troll fest.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ren84 View Post
    I know. But anything to do with migrants and SW usually ends up a troll fest.
    You are leading the charge, buddy. Again.....

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Urko View Post
    This is purely anecdotal. From speaking to some acquaintances who have recently returned from Australia, it seems to be entirely up to the social welfare officer you apply with. For example, I know two lads who went over there together, came back here together and both went tomsign on together. Ones application for welfare was refused, the others accepted. Its a weird one.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast