Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Soros "EU faces slow death"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Soros "EU faces slow death"

George Soros, the billionaire investor, said Europe is adopting the same policies that led Japan into a quarter of a century of "slow death" that it is desperately trying to escape with "dangerous" new monetary expansion.

Soros: Europe faces 'slow death' Japan is trying to escape - Telegraph

Soros has been making noises during the EZ crisis of impending doom & then sometimes claming that things were getting better.

Should we bother listening to these guys who change their minds whilst the EU changes Policy- compare Cyprus to us.

Soros told Reuters Financial Television the euro has been "a tremendous advantage" to countries that use it and said there was "no question of a weaker country dropping out."
    Soros positive on the euro | European Dialogue

The Eurozone Crisis is constantly modifying, almost as if it has designed itself "virus like" to stay 10 steps ahead of Magnates, Moghuls, Bankers & Govts.

The Doomsters have called it right in that it's worsening by way of more Bailouts & but the Euro hasn't broken up (yet)

The Pollyannas have also called it right in that the Euro hasn't broken up yet - but it's worsening via more Bailouts.

Only a forensic knowledge of Bank Levs, Sov Debt & ECB intentions could permit a correct diagnosis.

Otherwise - how can you call the result if you don't even know who is playing???

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is a bit of a shocker because Soros has been a supporter of EU centralization in recent years.

I reckon that the EU is programmed for longer term collapse. Though the idiots in Brussels have a track record in devising very effective schemes to modify the timeline, while increasing the scale of the impending disaster.
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They'll say he said "Europe" & they're only the "EU"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who knows with this guy. He could even be holding a significant short position. His view on the Euro since 2010 has flip flopped many times. I distinctly remember the famous investors letter sent to all EU governments back in 2010/11 insisting the Euro be saved at whatever the cost; he was a key signatory. Since then his viewpoint has been up and down many times. He has been given a great deal of kudos for his financial accomplishments over the years and if you're into that sort of thing, rightly so. More recently though I wonder if he even gets the level of complexities involved. At a macro level he could well be on the money for he has the ear and mind of many. But the Euro crisis is an unprecedented situation and I truly wonder at this point if anyone knows what way to turn or how to manoeuvre in and around it. Though, the grip of the crisis is ever strengthening its stranglehold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You sound excited DTG are you a Crisis Junkie too?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dublin 4 View Post
    You sound excited DTG are you a Crisis Junkie too?
    I might have had a view or two along the way

Anyone who watched / listened to Draghi yesterday should have been able to make out the evident frustration and uncertainty that even he holds at this point. We are in most uncertain times; the data tells us as much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah - it was up there with Fair City alright.

Reminds me I still have to watch last night's recorded installment of Televisual Magnificence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He's right. Current policies will lead to stagnation.

However - 'slow death' is a bit over dramatic. The quality of life in 'slow death' japan is still miles better than 'dynamic economy' china. I know where I'd prefer to live.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There's a few posters here would like you to live there too

I'm not 1 of them though

Politics.ie Member southwestkerry's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Soros and Co are best described in the movie 'Rogue Trader', one day they are with you the next with someone else.
    A ship at harbour is safe but that is not what ships were built for.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast