Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 175 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Veganism is the new black: The growth of the vegan movement in ireland

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Veganism is the new black: The growth of the vegan movement in ireland

Vegan Ireland: the Vegan Society of Ireland launch their new Supporter Card, t-shirt, and tote bag, at a movie and food event, Saturday 6th April, 2013, at The Exchange, Exchange Street Upper, Dublin. Time: 2pm – 4pm.

“Not long ago, people said that Ireland was not ready for veganism. Well, it is now,” said Vegan Ireland press officer, Dr. Roger Yates.
    Vegan Ireland, as a social movement organisation, is going from strength to strength, with more than 3,300 “likes” on their Facebook page and almost 2,000 subscribers to their online email updates and newsletters. Vegan Ireland’s bi-monthly Book Club, held at Cornucopia Wholefoods Restaurant in Dublin, is more popular than ever.

“Vegan groups seem to be springing up all over Ireland, from Cork to Limerick, Sligo to Galway,” said Dr. Yates. “A recent survey by Vegan Ireland showed that vegans were catered for in all 32 counties. We see this as a huge step forward towards making veganism a mainstream movement and philosophy.”

The mainstreaming of veganism in Ireland:-
    • All of the major coffee multinationals stocking dairy alternatives
    • All major Irish supermarkets stocking vegan alternatives dairy and meat
    • Venues catering for all-vegan parties
    • Vegan options in hotels and restaurants becoming the norm
    • Vegan lifestyle books hitting the shelves
    • Vegan Cookery courses available

Vegan Ireland’s Supporter Cards entitles supporters to cash discounts from a growing number of businesses around Ireland, including restaurants, shops, and holiday accommodation. Establishments already in the scheme include Cornucopia and Govinda’s Restaurants in Dublin, Hudson’s Wholefood Store in Cork, and Green Lodge Accommodation in Bantry.

Vegan Ireland’s new striking t-shirt design is available for women (S,M,L,XL) and men (M,L,XL) and the Vegan Ireland bags are available in green, yellow, and brown.

The event on the 6th includes the showing of the film, Making the Connection, which makes the case for veganism.

For more information, contact Roger Yates on 086 100 6763
    For the most part we do not see first, and then define, we define first and then see. Walter Lippmann.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For the most part we do not see first, and then define, we define first and then see. Walter Lippmann.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Yates View Post
    Vegan Ireland: the Vegan Society of Ireland launch their new Supporter Card, t-shirt, and tote bag, at a movie and food event, Saturday 6th April, 2013, at The Exchange, Exchange Street Upper, Dublin. Time: 2pm – 4pm.

“Not long ago, people said that Ireland was not ready for veganism. Well, it is now,” said Vegan Ireland press officer, Dr. Roger Yates.
    Vegan Ireland, as a social movement organisation, is going from strength to strength, with more than 3,300 “likes” on their Facebook page and almost 2,000 subscribers to their online email updates and newsletters. Vegan Ireland’s bi-monthly Book Club, held at Cornucopia Wholefoods Restaurant in Dublin, is more popular than ever.

“Vegan groups seem to be springing up all over Ireland, from Cork to Limerick, Sligo to Galway,” said Dr. Yates. “A recent survey by Vegan Ireland showed that vegans were catered for in all 32 counties. We see this as a huge step forward towards making veganism a mainstream movement and philosophy.”

The mainstreaming of veganism in Ireland:-
    • All of the major coffee multinationals stocking dairy alternatives
    • All major Irish supermarkets stocking vegan alternatives dairy and meat
    • Venues catering for all-vegan parties
    • Vegan options in hotels and restaurants becoming the norm
    • Vegan lifestyle books hitting the shelves
    • Vegan Cookery courses available

Vegan Ireland’s Supporter Cards entitles supporters to cash discounts from a growing number of businesses around Ireland, including restaurants, shops, and holiday accommodation. Establishments already in the scheme include Cornucopia and Govinda’s Restaurants in Dublin, Hudson’s Wholefood Store in Cork, and Green Lodge Accommodation in Bantry.

Vegan Ireland’s new striking t-shirt design is available for women (S,M,L,XL) and men (M,L,XL) and the Vegan Ireland bags are available in green, yellow, and brown.

The event on the 6th includes the showing of the film, Making the Connection, which makes the case for veganism.

For more information, contact Roger Yates on 086 100 6763
    I'll stick to medium rare juicy steaks thank you very much.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ah jaysus, I thought you loonies had left a long time ago.

Politics.ie Member sauntersplash's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tote bags? Where do I sign?
    "No." - Rosa Parks

Dylan2010

From an evolutionary stand point ye are useful idiots to have about the place , in the unlikely event that the Zombie apocalypse is kicked off by something in the animal food chain, we might depend on you.

However "I'll give you my beef when you take it from my cold, dead hands"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sauntersplash View Post
    Tote bags? Where do I sign?

Not a very nice thing to do Roger, you are what you eat and health is wealth so could you please please refrain from trying to entice people to damage their health with your Vegan propaganda.
    The following link has some of the health issues which going Vegan imposes on people.

12 Year Old Vegan Has the Degenerating Bones of 80 Year Old

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pragmaticapproach View Post
    I'll stick to medium rare juicy steaks thank you very much.
    Are you so threatened by the idea of veganism that you need to post pictures of dead animals on the forum?

RY

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TARZAN View Post
    Not a very nice thing to do Roger, you are what you eat and health is wealth so could you please please refrain from trying to entice people to damage their health with your Vegan propaganda.
    The following link has some of the health issues which going Vegan imposes on people.

12 Year Old Vegan Has the Degenerating Bones of 80 Year Old
    I believe that critical readers will be wary of anything that is published by someone from the Weston A. Price Foundation which is financed to push meat and dairy.

RY

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I don't think anyone anywhere has been threatened by anything to do with veganism.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Page 1 of 175 123451151101 ... LastLast