Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anarchist Bookfair

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Anarchist Bookfair

On tomorrow all day in Liberty Hall. Great place to pick up books and a few interesting debates and stuff on as well. I would be an anarchist were it not for my world weary cynicism

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Would they be receptive to my pro-austerity viewpoint?

I might go along actually. I picked up some hardcore revolutionary literature when I was in Cuba recently, I may as well keep going along this path to anarcho-communism.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Seanie Lemass View Post
    On tomorrow all day in Liberty Hall. Great place to pick up books and a few interesting debates and stuff on as well. I would be an anarchist were it not for my world weary cynicism
    Anarcho capitalism?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well they would listen to you anyway! Definitely the most tolerant people on the left

Safe to assume they won't be using the Dewey Decimal System
    I have no money, but I love my life.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well they would listen to you anyway! Definitely the most tolerant people on the left
    But the most reality averse. Im no fan of anarchism whether its left or right, (Im more of a classical liberal/libertarian minarchist) but at least the Ancaps understand economics.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pragmaticapproach View Post
    But the most reality averse. Im no fan of anarchism whether its left or right, (Im more of a classical liberal/libertarian minarchist) but at least the Ancaps understand economics.
    I don't know. I think there is a lot of merit in decentralised self-goverance and economic organisation. Especially in the light of the craziness illustrated in the story about the hidden bank accounts.

My reading of history, however, would make me sceptical of any 'revolution' to bring that about not becoming mired in the horrors we have seen before.

Politics.ie Member sauntersplash's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've been meaning to go to one of these for years, but I can never get around to organising myself. Badum!

Are the books cheap?
    "No." - Rosa Parks

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Most of the stuff is second hand including a lot of books you would not see anywhere else. You can get some real finds in fact. There are also first hand books and a variety of journals and newspapers and pamphlets and stuff. For anarchists it is well organised!

Dylan2010

I don't know. I think there is a lot of merit in decentralised self-goverance and economic organisation. Especially in the light of the craziness illustrated in the story about the hidden bank accounts.

My reading of history, however, would make me sceptical of any 'revolution' to bring that about not becoming mired in the horrors we have seen before.
    which is why the Ancap version of it based on property rights is the only version of it that wouldnt end up in massive bloodshed and tyranny from the start.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast