Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 50 to 60 Irish addresses linked to anonymised funds stored in tax havens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Thousands of international off shore rich tax avoiders to be exposed

The Guardian has received the leaked details of thousands of offshore bank accounts of wealthy paople from all over the world.

Leaks reveal secrets of the rich who hide cash offshore | UK news | The Guardian

The paper is working with investgative journalists from all over the world on the story but apparently no Irish papers seem to be involved.

That doesn't mean that some Irish names might not surface.
    Se vogliamo che tutto rimanga com' bisogna che tutto cambi.

Politics.ie Member making waves's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes indeed $33trillion - who says the rich have no money?

And while the elites hoard this $33trillion we have job losses, cutbacks, poverty, unemployment, despiration and the destruction of society.
    Separate Church and State

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

FYI I have a thread on this over here, started last year: http://www.politics.ie/forum/economy...ml#post5590899

It got merged hence the title (not my doing!).

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Don't you love a little Grauniad indignance.

So people have bank accounts in the Virgin Islands.

Well Google launders billions for its shareholders through Ireland.

And what about the Grauniad? Did their "exclusive investigaion" unearth GMG Haze3l Acquisition 1 - registered in the Cayman Islands???

No? I wonder why.

Spare us the Grauniad rubbish. This is not news beyond the fact that some people may have their legal financial affairs aired to the public.

Politics.ie Member Nemesiscorporation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Josip Broz View Post
    The Guardian has received the leaked details of thousands of offshore bank accounts of wealthy paople from all over the world.

Leaks reveal secrets of the rich who hide cash offshore | UK news | The Guardian

The paper is working with investgative journalists from all over the world on the story but apparently no Irish papers seem to be involved.

That doesn't mean that some Irish names might not surface.

I am really annoyed that Lagarde did not name Irish people in the list of tax defaulters she was wandering around Europe with.

Hopefully there will be some Irish names in this list.

Strangely Annoymous and Wikileaks never release any of those names either. I wonder why?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Should they just be renamed the Whore Islands?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiscorporation View Post
    I am really annoyed that Lagarde did not name Irish people in the list of tax defaulters she was wandering around Europe with.

Hopefully there will be some Irish names in this list.
    Who in Ireland would need to evade tax, when one can just go and 'live' in Malta (while leaving one's family in Ireland all year round), thus legally avoiding Irish taxes?
    Last edited by ShoutingIsLeadership; 4th April 2013 at 04:09 PM. Reason: spelling
    I have no money, but I love my life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trainwreck View Post

And what about the Grauniad? Did their "exclusive investigaion" unearth GMG Haze3l Acquisition 1 - registered in the Cayman Islands???

No? I wonder why.

Spare us the Grauniad rubbish. This is not news beyond the fact that some people may have their legal financial affairs aired to the public.
    The world is a very puzzling place. If you're not willing to be puzzled, you just become a replica of someone else's mind.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

It's good to get this out there tbh, but it's fantastic fun to see a paper who got so pissy about other papers hacking phones gleefully benefiting from this info that's clearly been obtained illegitimately.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trainwreck View Post

No? I wonder why.

Say who now?

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast