Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RTE on mid-term?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default RTE on mid-term?

Noticed the main news only half hour yesterday and the lunchtime news only 6 minutes on Tuesday.
    Reminded me of an article Declan Lynch(yes in the Sindo-calm yourselves) a few years ago- "The World Ended Today-Heres Reeling In The Years".

Dont get me wrong,I love a bit of RITY as much as the next man but can anyone explain why RTE deem this week less newsworthy than any other?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

few courts are sitting, the dail is on a break, the schools and colleges are off....
    slow news, like august...

biggest news yesterday was that the troika would start monitoring health spending....i mean wtf have they been doing for the past 2 years? isn't the CNAG and the DOH not supposed to be doing that on a monthly basis also? surely its just a matter of including them on the circulation list.
    troika approval required for any new spend and/or salary review....now that would be news
    I liberate minds with my music. That's more important than liberating a few people from apartheid or whatever. - Kanye West

There is actually no news to be had when the politicians are on their holiers. This is because news outlets rely on politicians and their publicists to drip feed them 'news'. Everything else that happens, just happens and is ignored. The world continues to spin on its axis, and we are all the better for not being reminded everyday about how poorly off we apparently are (with our first world problems).
    I have no money, but I love my life.

Politics.ie Member Astral Peaks's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by harpsman View Post
    Noticed the main news only half hour yesterday and the lunchtime news only 6 minutes on Tuesday.
    Reminded me of an article Declan Lynch(yes in the Sindo-calm yourselves) a few years ago- "The World Ended Today-Heres Reeling In The Years".

Dont get me wrong,I love a bit of RITY as much as the next man but can anyone explain why RTE deem this week less newsworthy than any other?
    Montrose is on holidays..........poor Michael Murphy working overtime.....
    "Don't need a whore, I don't need no booze, don't need a virgin priest."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kim jnr is having a hissy fit i suppose...bet we don't have blanket coverage with 5 correspondents as with the vatican popefest
    I liberate minds with my music. That's more important than liberating a few people from apartheid or whatever. - Kanye West

Somewhere up in the Wicklow mountains digging an even deeper nuclear shelter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

RTÉ is always cac when the schools/Dáil is off. How many more times are they going to show Reeling in the Years???
    If you continue to elect idiots in elections, don't be surprised when the result is an idiotic government.

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pravda is always rubbish. Even when the montrose quango makes an even less effort than usual.
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I feel like p.ie's on a midterm. How many 'anti-wiberal wants' or whatever the hell they call themselves do we need anyway?

Politics.ie Member Spanner Island's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zakalwe1 View Post
    few courts are sitting, the dail is on a break, the schools and colleges are off....
    slow news, like august...

biggest news yesterday was that the troika would start monitoring health spending....i mean wtf have they been doing for the past 2 years? isn't the CNAG and the DOH not supposed to be doing that on a monthly basis also? surely its just a matter of including them on the circulation list.
    troika approval required for any new spend and/or salary review....now that would be news
    I assume they've been giving the Government enough wriggle room/rope with which to hang themselves...

And the Govt. have obliged... by tip toeing around the PS/unions with their early retirement/voluntary redundancy horse sh!t...

And so now that we're coming to the end of 'Bailout 1' with many of the forecasts on which targets were set having failed to materialise, the Troika are now going to have to do what the Govt failed to do...

It's all so tedious and predictable...

Now the Govt will blame the big bad Troika for the imposition of things they were too gutless to tackle themselves...

Quote Originally Posted by Aindriu View Post
    RTÉ is always cac when the schools/Dáil is off. How many more times are they going to show Reeling in the Years???
    I love that programme.
    I have no money, but I love my life.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast