Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are Fine Gael scraping the bottom of the barrel for negative Fianna Fail stories?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Are Fine Gael scraping the bottom of the barrel for negative Fianna Fail stories?

The Indo has been "revealing" this story for the past few days claiming that FG TD's are shocked/astounded (the usual buzzwords) at the non-performance of John Mc Guinness while his office was being refurbished.

Watchdog chief under fire for

Luxury toilet paper only in minister's

It appears to me to be a silly issue for FG to highlight unless McGuinness needs to be discredited in advance of some embarrassing (for Government) investigation by the PAC.

Do town and country dwellers have radically different prospects?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The barrel doesn't need scrapping until at least 2080, and even by then FF will have found some way of leaving everyone astounded.

The only reason I'm pissed off with the fact a FFer is using luxury toilet roll to clean his hole, is because of the enormous amount of sh!te they are full of.
    'Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness'.

Politics.ie Member the secretary's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Height of the boom spending.
    I'm sure FG would have been availing of the luxuries at that time also had they been in power.
    The story is a pile of ************************e. Have they nothing else to print

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not just McGuinness, but the Bull's Office too. And of course a very expensive office for Bertie as Ex Tapiseach. And its the Indo which is a FF paper/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

More barrel scraping by the Indo I see. One of these days they may actually do some stories about events of real importance.
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Ernest Hemingway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This stuff provides a smokescreen for a totally clueless gang of politicians, posing as a government. It also poses a smokescreen for the doings of FG ministers in Stubbs Gazette and "friends" of FG in high places in the Fourth Estate!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrightDay View Post
    The Indo has been "revealing" this story for the past few days claiming that FG TD's are shocked/astounded (the usual buzzwords) at the non-performance of John Mc Guinness while his office was being refurbished.

Watchdog chief under fire for

Luxury toilet paper only in minister's

It appears to me to be a silly issue for FG to highlight unless McGuinness needs to be discredited in advance of some embarrassing (for Government) investigation by the PAC.
    Attacking someone for spending €250,000 refurbishing their office is scraping the barrell now?! Secondly Fine Gael do not run the Indpendent and finally what do you expect them to do, praise him for it.

Absolutely crazy post.
    "Give us the future, we've had enough of YOUR past, Give us back our country, to live in, to grow in and to love..."

Politics.ie Member Spanner Island's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When it comes to the eFFing traitors the bottom of the barrel is a long way down...

Plus in the unlikely event that the bottom of that particular barrel is ever reached... there's always the sewers below which I'm sure are piled high with eFFing traitor fodder...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This story was also covered in the Irish Examiner yesterday:

Oireachtas watchdog chief in €250k office row | Juno McEnroe, Political Correspondent | Irish Examiner | Wednesday, April 03, 2013

I suppose you could call this "tearing the ar$se out of it".

It IS reaching a bit, on the part of the FG spokesmen, given that they now have their snouts in the same trough.
    But McGuinness has had this coming to him, having exploited ministerial office to obtain maximum luxury for himself it's a bit incongruous when he highlights "public spending waste" in his capacity as PAC chairman - he must step down, to restore integrity to the PAC

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast