Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gravy Train Rolls On Under FG.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The Gravy Train Rolls On Under FG.

With all the talk of the excesses of FFail before we fired them and then the constant digs at Pearse Doherty about his travel expenses recently, I wonder can any of the FG lot on here defend this 'John O'Donohue' type of travel expenses claimed by one of their own?

It seems the FG noses are as deep in the trough as any of the FFailures ever were.

MCGINLEY SAYS BULK OF TRAVEL COSTS WERE FOR HIS TWO DRIVERS | Donegal Daily

I especially love his defence where he says earlier reports of the figure being €129k were wrong and it was actually nearer to €118k.

The more things change, the more they stay the same!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fr.Ted Crilly View Post
    With all the talk of the excesses of FFail before we fired them and then the constant digs at Pearse Doherty about his travel expenses recently, I wonder can any of the FG lot on here defend this 'John O'Donohue' type of travel expenses claimed by one of their own?

It seems the FG noses are as deep in the trough as any of the FFailures ever were.

I especially love his defence where he says earlier reports of the figure being €129k were wrong and it was actually nearer to €118k.

Absolutely. Ministers of state should drive themselves or get an allowance to employ a civil.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Absolutely. Ministers of state should drive themselves or get an allowance to employ a civie.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Absolutely. Ministers of state should drive themselves or get an allowance to employ a civil.
    This guy has 2 civil drivers!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I would love that job and I would be an "uncivil" driver.
    Disclosures Tribunal - #OnlyForTheTape...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Two who job-share, so one full post. (Obviously one man couldn't do the job 7 days a week due to legal limits on driving for a living)

Ministers travel a lot, all the time, 7 days a week. Expecting them to drive themselves is criminal and dangerous. Especially someone like Dinny McGinley, who lives a huge distance away from Dublin and is in a Ministry which brings him to the farthest reaches of the country on a regular basis.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Tubbs View Post
    Expecting them to drive themselves is criminal and dangerous.
    Eh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is it any wonder that they will do anything to protect "their seat". How do most of ye get into work, even with a long commute . Do you get a allowance or extra wages to cover the commute, can you do a work placement scheme that some one can claim a extra €50 and be your driver? Do you when you clock into work get turning up money? Do you get a allowance to get your clothes washed?
    Every one who ran and got elected knew where the Dàil was, why all the expenses for a job they acually ran for election for, and say in the first interview alway, not in it for the money, I want to make a difference!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

HOW MUCH?! Jaysus!
    Brexit? Never heard of it mate...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

These guys have no scruples,they are living high on the hog,totally indifferent to the suffering and devestation they are inflicting on ordinary people,once their insatiable appetites for excessive saleries and over inflated expenses.are satisified.If our fiscal rectitude government were anyway interested in introducing some sort of equality and fairness into their austerity and cuts agenda,they should start by making it mandatory for all Oireachteas members to use public transport.

Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast