Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The need for a State?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The need for a State?

Given Ireland's position, so deeply entrenched within the EU, and so deeply entrenched in a neo-liberal market economy, is there really a need for the Irish State? Do people support the State? Why is it important? What sacrifices (if any) are we, as a nation, willing to make to deliver upon the Irish State for the next generation?

These are questions that genuinely interest me. I would love to hear the sincere and considered thoughts of others on these matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinelli View Post
    I would love to hear the sincere and considered thoughts of others on these matters.
    Of course there ******************************ing well is
    I have no money, but I love my life.

Politics.ie Member The Field Marshal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    Of course there ******************************ing well is
    But Ireland is not technically a state any more since its critical decision making powers in the area of finance are being exercized by non Irish people in other countries.

The Oireachtas could be removed entirely in the morning and it would make shag all difference.
    Repeal the thirty-fourth amendment of the Irish constitution :
    Children have a basic right to be reared by a mother and a father.

Quote Originally Posted by The Field Marshal View Post
    But Ireland is not technically a state any more since its critical decision making powers in the area of finance are being exercized by non Irish people in other countries.

The Oireachtas could be removed entirely in the morning and it would make shag all difference.
    We still make our own decisions in the area of finance. We could default, but we don't. We could introduce a different tax instead of the property tax, but we don't.

Even when we are finished with the troika, we will be borrowing money from the international markets, and this money will have to be repaid. If we default, this will have consequences; does that mean that we won't have economic independence then?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How about a Federation?

Or maybe a Commonwealth?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    We still make our own decisions in the area of finance. We could default, but we don't. We could introduce a different tax instead of the property tax, but we don't.

Even when we are finished with the troika, we will be borrowing money from the international markets, and this money will have to be repaid. If we default, this will have consequences; does that mean that we won't have economic independence then?
    The Irish govt past and present have destroyed all concept on independent statehood by transferring billions in private debt onto every citizen.
    The sheer amount of money involved can never be repaid.

The consequence is the perpetual enslavement of the Irish people to non Irish financial interests.

Add on the massive dependence on EU handouts and foreign multinational companies operating in Ireland and you will then understand that the 26 counties is now composed of helots controlled exclusively by non Irish interests.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

To surrender whatever little democracy we have would be a massive mistake. The Irish state is the last defence against being completely dominated by the German jackboot. The ECB in Frankfurt is the greatest danger to European freedom since the panzers broke through at Sedan in 1940.
    Last edited by Honecker; 2nd April 2013 at 05:01 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

If we go down that road we could be oppressed/starved/colonised etc. again so I say no.
    Fair and Balanced

Quote Originally Posted by The Field Marshal View Post
    The Irish govt past and present have destroyed all concept on independent statehood by transferring billions in private debt onto every citizen.
    The sheer amount of money involved can never be repaid.

The consequence is the perpetual enslavement of the Irish people to non Irish financial interests.

Add on the massive dependence on EU handouts and foreign multinational companies operating in Ireland and you will then understand that the 26 counties is now composed of helots controlled exclusively by non Irish interests.
    Who currently decides our abortion laws?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Honecker View Post
    To surrender whatever little democracy we have would be a massive mistake. The Irish state is the last defence we have of being completely dominated by the German jackboot. The ECB in Frankfurt is the greatest danger to European freedom since the panzers broke through at Sedan in 1940.
    Its too late.

The state has already surrendered all moral authority once it decided to unjustly transfer massive private debts onto every citizen.

The transfer of most economic power to non Irish centres has already occurred and is increasing daily.

The sum total of sovereign debt can now never be repaid unless a default occurs.

The vampire scumbag politicians that have Ireland under a penal taxation jackboot will never do this as it would affect their own massive and corrupt levels of personal enrichment at the taxpayers expense.

---

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast