Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 114

Thread: Brit undercover excursions south of the Border...another one revealed?

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member Catalpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Planet Blanchardstown
    Posts
    25,386
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default Brit undercover excursions south of the Border...another one revealed?

    Came across this sad case today:

    The body of Paul O’Brien, 42, who served in Northern Ireland and the Gulf, was only discovered when council workers eventually moved the vehicle to take it to be crushed.

    The vehicle had been parked behind the Lazy Otter pub in Stretham, Cambridgeshire since October last year but despite the landlady reporting it to the police three times, officers failed to investigate it.


    A friend, who asked not to be named paid tribute to Mr O’Brien, describing him as a kind man who had served with distinction in the armed forces.

    He said: "Paul was a kind man. When he was in Northern Ireland he was on a reconnaissance mission into southern Ireland and came under attack. His best friend was killed but they couldn't bring a helicopter in to pick them up. Paul carried his body for five miles to the border."


    Undiscovered in a van for months, the lonely death of a distinguished soldier - Telegraph

    Anyone ever heard of this incident?
    If you can convince a People to engage in the mass elimination of their own offspring - you can probably get them to do anything...http://irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member Tir Eoghain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,543
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catalpast View Post
    Came across this sad case today:

    The body of Paul O’Brien, 42, who served in Northern Ireland and the Gulf, was only discovered when council workers eventually moved the vehicle to take it to be crushed.

    The vehicle had been parked behind the Lazy Otter pub in Stretham, Cambridgeshire since October last year but despite the landlady reporting it to the police three times, officers failed to investigate it.


    A friend, who asked not to be named paid tribute to Mr O’Brien, describing him as a kind man who had served with distinction in the armed forces.

    He said: "Paul was a kind man. When he was in Northern Ireland he was on a reconnaissance mission into southern Ireland and came under attack. His best friend was killed but they couldn't bring a helicopter in to pick them up. Paul carried his body for five miles to the border."


    Undiscovered in a van for months, the lonely death of a distinguished soldier - Telegraph

    Anyone ever heard of this incident?
    No sympathy for him , a british terrorist.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member Mickeymac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    36,140
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catalpast View Post
    Came across this sad case today:

    The body of Paul O’Brien, 42, who served in Northern Ireland and the Gulf, was only discovered when council workers eventually moved the vehicle to take it to be crushed.

    The vehicle had been parked behind the Lazy Otter pub in Stretham, Cambridgeshire since October last year but despite the landlady reporting it to the police three times, officers failed to investigate it.


    A friend, who asked not to be named paid tribute to Mr O’Brien, describing him as a kind man who had served with distinction in the armed forces.

    He said: "Paul was a kind man. When he was in Northern Ireland he was on a reconnaissance mission into southern Ireland and came under attack. His best friend was killed but they couldn't bring a helicopter in to pick them up. Paul carried his body for five miles to the border."


    Undiscovered in a van for months, the lonely death of a distinguished soldier - Telegraph

    Anyone ever heard of this incident?

    I reckon there were many more incidents similar sir, that's why journos of distinction including dictionary Dave Ervine described it as a 'dirty war'

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,934
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I would not be 100% certain of the friend's story as many "war stories" are told in the pub .

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member Tir Eoghain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,543
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    :
    Quote Originally Posted by vinoboy View Post
    I would not be 100% certain of the friend's story as many "war stories" are told in the pub .
    AFTER 2 PINTS OF BITTER , I love the town of Wooten Basset

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member Catalpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Planet Blanchardstown
    Posts
    25,386
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    IIRC in there was an incident back in 1972 when a BA patrol crossed the Border and got ambushed as it returned

    But this man would have been a baby back then

    If he died at 42 then he would probably served in the North in the early 1990s

    Was his mate another victim of the War in the Shadows...
    If you can convince a People to engage in the mass elimination of their own offspring - you can probably get them to do anything...http://irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member Tir Eoghain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,543
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catalpast View Post
    IIRC in there was an incident back in 1972 when a BA patrol crossed the Border and got ambushed as it returned

    But this man would have been a baby back then

    If he died at 42 then he would probably served in the North in the early 1990s

    Was his mate another victim of the War in the Shadows...
    Quite possible of course. The IRA in Cappagh uncovered an SAS murder gang waiting to do what they did so often in Tyrone but this murder squad were going to pay the penalty. The local people in the village saw them lying dead but the brits wouldn't admit it .Two days later the same two terrorists were involved in a car crash in Germany !!There you go about trusting about what you hear on the news.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member Catalpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Planet Blanchardstown
    Posts
    25,386
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    There was also the time back in the mid 1970s when an SAS team was arrested by the State's Security Forces as they attempted to cross the Border

    They got lost in the dark or something....
    If you can convince a People to engage in the mass elimination of their own offspring - you can probably get them to do anything...http://irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,934
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catalpast View Post
    IIRC in there was an incident back in 1972 when a BA patrol crossed the Border and got ambushed as it returned

    But this man would have been a baby back then

    If he died at 42 then he would probably served in the North in the early 1990s

    Was his mate another victim of the War in the Shadows...
    Good to see you are starting to do the maths .

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,934
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tir Eoghain View Post
    Quite possible of course. The IRA in Cappagh uncovered an SAS murder gang waiting to do what they did so often in Tyrone but this murder squad were going to pay the penalty. The local people in the village saw them lying dead but the brits wouldn't admit it .Two days later the same two terrorists were involved in a car crash in Germany !!There you go about trusting about what you hear on the news.
    Boyles Bar Cappagh actually happened unlike above fairy story .

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •