Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Norah Casey as a possible runner in the next election?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Norah Casey as a possible runner in the next election?

I think that it there is a high possibility that Norah Casey will be approached to run as a candidate by one of the major parties in the next election

1. She's a 'celebrity'

2. She's a woman

3. Her husband died there recently(remember mary hanafin and the sympathy vote)

4. With her previous spot on dragons den and current slot on newstalk she certainly doesnt shy away from the public eye

therefore, I would not be surprised at all if she was asked by ff or fg to run for one of them

Any thoughts on this prediction?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rapparree View Post
    I think that it there is a high possibility that Norah Casey will be approached to run as a candidate by one of the major parties in the next election

1. She's a 'celebrity'

2. She's a woman

4. With her previous spot on dragons den and current slot on newstalk she certainly doesnt shy away from the public eye

therefore, I would not be surprised at all if she was asked by ff or fg to run for one of them

Yea, April fools is over.

1. She's a 'celebrity'

2. She's a woman

i think your point no.1 is where it falls down, this obsession some people have of getting celebrities into politics doesnt work imo. I have nothing against the lady i actually like her show but that doesnt always transfer into a good politician, not that we have a lot of them either.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mods, please delete this thread before somebody sees the OP and starts getting ideas,

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

She's been pretty stinging in her criticism of FF, as recently as the Fiscal Treaty campaign. So a run for FF doesn't seem too likely. She also mentioned recently that her business interests are under some pressure so running for the Dail will hardly be high on her list of priorities

Dublin, but lived in Tipp, Limerick, Kildare, NI, UK & USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In fairness to Hanafin she was elected well before her hubby died!

As regards Casey unlikely she'd probably have to take a pay cut.

Who ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Irish National member View Post
    i think your point no.1 is where it falls down, this obsession some people have of getting celebrities into politics doesnt work imo. I have nothing against the lady i actually like her show but that doesnt always transfer into a good politician, not that we have a lot of them either.
    You like her show????

Her and that Dalkey dipstick, telling you what to think,

Sufferin cats,

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Tubbs View Post
    She's been pretty stinging in her criticism of FF, as recently as the Fiscal Treaty campaign. So a run for FF doesn't seem too likely. She also mentioned recently that her business interests are under some pressure so running for the Dail will hardly be high on her list of priorities
    maybe not ff so, if her business interests are in trouble it may not be out of the realm of thinking she would be susceptible to another means of income by the time the next election rolls round in 2016

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

maybe not ff so, if her business interests are in trouble it may not be out of the realm of thinking she would be susceptible to another means of income by the time the next election rolls round in 2016
    It's all we need though, isn't it?
    Another failed businessperson in Dail Eireann.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast