Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The counter to gun rights: why not allow sale of ICBMs ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The counter to gun rights: why not allow sale of ICBMs ?

Personally I'm pro individual freedom, with very few limits. One of these is that there should be governmental security forces( or government sanctioned ones) and these should be the only people allowed to bear anti-personnel arms.

Else if arms bearing is regarded as a fundamental right: why not allow private sale of InterContinental Ballistic Missiles ? Surely someone, or a group, with a few hundred million should be a allowed to buy a nuclear tipped ICBM ? Can any gun rights advocates defend this counter argument ?

cYp
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Dylan2010

Ill take 2 and some ebola to go? whats the point of your thread again?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If these two had their hands on the nuclear trigger for some time:

No reason why a normal, non alcoholic, non brain damaged ******************************wit couldn't do the same.
    Let's all raise a glass of frog milk to the ancient festival of Fargaltide!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cyberianpan View Post
    Personally I'm pro individual freedom, with very few limits. One of these is that there should be governmental security forces( or government sanctioned ones) and these should be the only people allowed to bear anti-personnel arms.

Else if arms bearing is regarded as a fundamental right: why not allow private sale of InterContinental Ballistic Missiles ? Surely someone, or a group, with a few hundred million should be a allowed to buy a nuclear tipped ICBM ? Can any gun rights advocates defend this counter argument ?

cYp
    Who says the purchase of ICBMs is illegal? Of course what type of warhead you put on them may be interesting alright.

Are you drunk BTW? This really is a rubbish thread.
    ‘The Great only appear great because we are on our knees: Let Us Rise!’ “ (James Larkin)

If it is good enough for government forces to be armed, then it is good enough for the citizens to be armed as well.

cYp

Because that's over doing it. A gun will surfice for personnel protection, you do not need a nuclear missle.
    ''The tattoo has a profound meaning: the superficiality of modern man’s existence.'' - Theodore Dalrymple

"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple." - Woody Guthrie

Ramps

Knock yourself out. If your owning such weapons doesn't interfere with other people, go ahead; although you'd have quite a job proving that in the case of a nuke, I'd imagine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mossy Heneberry View Post
    then it is good enough for the citizens to be armed as well.

What if your enemy has an(illicit) ICBM ?

cYp

Because that's over doing it. A gun will surfice for personnel protection, you do not need a nuclear missle.

What if your enemy has an(illicit) ICBM ?
    Wait now if they are illegal what is my enemy doing with one?

I thought making things illegal sorts out the problem?
    ''The tattoo has a profound meaning: the superficiality of modern man’s existence.'' - Theodore Dalrymple

"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple." - Woody Guthrie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is the OP directed to the US or any country that it's citizens are allowed to possess firearms?

Also perhaps the OP should look into how Hitler controlled firearms compared to modern day Germany?
    ‘The Great only appear great because we are on our knees: Let Us Rise!’ “ (James Larkin)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mossy Heneberry View Post
    Wait now if they are illegal what is my enemy doing with one?

I thought making things illegal sorts out the problem?
    Gun advocates typically argue that making guns illegal would mean that only dangerous criminals would risk using them - and that private gun ownership is needed to protect against that

cYp

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast