Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 104 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: West Brit Fanatics Desecrate War of Independence Graves in Cork

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default West Brit Fanatics Desecrate War of Independence Graves in Cork

Following on from a tidal wave of revisionist propaganda in the media West Brits have painted swastikas and other graffiti on the graves of War of Independence fighters in St Finbarr's Cemetary, Cork. Among the graves desecrated were those of Commandant Tom Barry and Lord Mayor Terence MacSwiney. Other graffitti included '****************************** the IRA' was painted on graves in the run up to Easter.

Such actions are the logical outworking of the anti-republican propaganda which have dominated Irish newspapers and television screens in recent times and which features regularly here on politics.ie. Indeed it's telling that though this desecration took place a few days ago, it's only now being raised here.

Republican graves in Cork damaged in graffiti attack - Political News | Irish & International Politics | The Irish Times - Mon, Apr 01, 2013
    The Empire's Over - Why Don't You Go Home?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

You evidently have information relevant to the offence, otherwise it would be idiotic to assume the motivations behind the vandalism. But you're not an idiot. So you were either there and saw who did it, or you know the people that did it, or you've got another link that establishes the motives. So which is it? Have you contacted the police?
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by picador View Post
    Following on from a tidal wave of revisionist propaganda in the media West Brits have painted swastikas and other graffiti on the graves of War of Independence fighters in St Finbarr's Cemetary, Cork. Among the graves desecrated were those of Commandant Tom Barry and Lord Mayor Terence MacSwiney. Other graffitti included '****************************** the IRA' was painted on graves in the run up to Easter.

Such actions are the logical outworking of the anti-republican propaganda which have dominated Irish newspapers and television screens in recent times and which features regularly here on politics.ie. Indeed it's telling that though this desecration took place a few days ago, it's only now being raised here.

Republican graves in Cork damaged in graffiti attack - Political News | Irish & International Politics | The Irish Times - Mon, Apr 01, 2013
    I thought it was an april fools joke until I read the link

filthy west brit scum

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Disgusting!

This is what happens when we allow films like Neil Jordan's Michael Collins and That slightly less god awful film The Wind that Shakes the Barley to be presented as historically accurate in our schools.

The idea that someone would desecrate the grave of MacSwiney literally turns my stomach.
    I was ready to love the world, but no one understood me, so I learned to hate.
    - Mikhail Lermontov

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This amounts to one zillionth percent of all of the offensive graffiti smeared on our public spaces by our own self styled republican zealots over the years...it takes one to know one I suppose.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

to think they died for our freedom, I hope the dirty scumbags are caught and given a hammering

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

only in this country would national heroes get treated in such a manner

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    You evidently have information relevant to the offence, otherwise it would be idiotic to assume the motivations behind the vandalism. But you're not an idiot. So you were either there and saw who did it, or you know the people that did it, or you've got another link that establishes the motives. So which is it? Have you contacted the police?
    Has he contacted the police? There are times, Sync, when you can be a right funny man.

Politics.ie Royalty toxic avenger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd be surprised if they weren't seen, as the plot is easily visible from the Glasheen Road, which usually has some traffic even late at night. Might be an idea to check the CCTV at the Maxol garage up the road too (which is manned 24 hours - perhaps they were stupid enough to stop there to buy something at the window).

It certainly wasn't scumbags. Tom Barry's grave is located outside the republican plot in the cemetery, you'd have to know where you are going to find it. The average hood wouldn't know to target Tom Barry's grave in particular, not to mention know how to find it.

As someone who knows the people cleaning things up etc, the general consensus is that this was done by people with a political agenda rather than idiotic scumbags.

Page 1 of 104 123451151101 ... LastLast