Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Beverley Cooper Flynn to run again for FF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Beverley Cooper Flynn to run again for FF

At CDC meeting in Castlebar on 30th.March just past, FF decided to accept Bev Cooper Flynn back as a FF candidate at next GE. She has expressed a willingness to run again in the new four seater Mayo constituency. FF have one TD ( Calleary) in Mayo and could be in with a fighting chance of gaining a second. There is some doubts about Michael Ring running again, and John O Mahoney has lost most of his area and may stand in Galway West which has received a lot of South Mayo. Calleary is in the north of the county, and Bev would be in the middle/south of it. Even though Lisa Chambers did ok last time out, it is felt she may not be strong enough to take a seat.

Views were expressed at the meeting that Bev has expunged her blotting her copybook over the RTE libel action affair. And it was also felt at the meeting that Mayo owes a lot to the Flynns, as Pee Flynn did a lot for it when he was a minister. It is time to move on and not dwell on the past forever it was felt.
    Last edited by Eoin Coir; 1st April 2013 at 03:31 AM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin Coir View Post
    Views were expressed at the meeting that Bev has expunged her blotting her copybook over the RTE libel action affair. And it was also felt at the meeting that Mayo owes a lot to the Flynns, as Pee Flynn did a lot for it when he was a minister. It is time to move on and not dwell on the past forever it was felt.
    And then the FFailures here get upset when people caricature FF members as drooling inbred idiots

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow - would be a major setback as they try to convince people the old-guard are mostly gone.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Doesn't sound right to me. She can only be declared a candidate for the GE after the occurrence of a selection convention. Those selection conventions will not be held for quite a long time yet.

Chambers will be the candidate alongside Calleary. There is a reason as to why she is running for the position of Vice - President of the party. Seems like Bev is a nobody these days.

Politics.ie Member Darren J. Prior's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good luck to her!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any proof? Links? CDC minutes? Also selection convention is not until closer to 2016 so no candidate could have been chosen to run at this point.
    I was ready to love the world, but no one understood me, so I learned to hate.
    - Mikhail Lermontov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There is also some talk of the Bull running again in Kerry, and Mary Hanafin was on Finucane today. It seems all the old soldiers are making a comeback.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

check the date lads!

fool me once shame on you fool me twice ........ya ain't gonna get fooled again
    i owe my allegiance only to the working class

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior of Destiny View Post
    Any proof? Links? CDC minutes? Also selection convention is not until closer to 2016 so no candidate could have been chosen to run at this point.
    Local papers will have reports tomorrow. Of course there will a selection conference, a third candidate may be added in due course. I would see this as a statement of intent. She will hardly be opposed,whole tenor is that she is back in the running.

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast