Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Edwin Poots hits a nerve with Easter Rising tweet - he should post here sometime

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Edwin Poots hits a nerve with Easter Rising tweet - he should post here sometime

Poots causes outrage over Easter Rising dig - Irish News, World News & More | The Irish Times - Sun, Mar 31, 2013

according to the Irish times Edwin Poots has cause a twitter rage - not knowing if Edwin posts here, based on his tweet, it would be fairly mild compared to some of the posts here on a variety of subjects. Anyway he has achieved his objective of getting his name back on the front page and ensuring his core vote know what side his bread is buttered on. Mind you given how far DUP have moved can't wait to see him as NI government rep at full 1916 commemoration outside GPO in 2016

“Had forgotten it is the 97th anniversary of a failed rising by subversives,” the DUP MLA said and watched on as a deluge of criticism swamped his timeline. in case any moderator has lost the power of being able to click a link......
    Last edited by mido; 31st March 2013 at 07:08 PM.
    Pity the nation divided into into fragments, each fragment deeming itself a nation - Khalil Gibran

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mido View Post
    Poots causes outrage over Easter Rising dig - Irish News, World News & More | The Irish Times - Sun, Mar 31, 2013

according to the Irish times Edwin Poots has cause a twitter rage - not knowing if Edwin posts here, based on his tweet, it would be fairly mild compared to some of the posts here on a variety of subjects. Anyway he has achieved his objective of getting his name back on the front page and ensuring his core vote know what side his bread is buttered on. Mind you given how far DUP have moved can't wait to see him as NI government rep at full 1916 commemoration outside GPO in 2016
    But it is the 97th anniversary and it was a failed rising. The Ulster Volunteers however probably did put the gun into Irish Politics in the 20th Century by arming themselves!

Quote Originally Posted by IbrahaimMohamad View Post
    But it is the 97th anniversary and it was a failed rising. The Ulster Volunteers however probably did put the gun into Irish Politics in the 20th Century by arming themselves!
    Ever heard of 1798? Robert Emmett ring a bell? Do the Fenians sound like a rock band to you?
    Thank you for the six thousand likes.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IbrahaimMohamad View Post
    But it is the 97th anniversary and it was a failed rising. The Ulster Volunteers
    however probably did put the gun into Irish Politics in the 20th Century by arming themselves!
    The hypersensitivity of people is a wonder to behold.
    Who gives a flying fiddler's about Poots and his pronouncements. He is a moron as are his "cabinet" colleagues. Bring back direct rule.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wasn't Peter Robinson at the GPO today?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

You know, I remember watching Into The Universe with Hawking and thinking "I just can't understand that level of intellect." I have the same feeling when I see people starting threads on quotes/tweets without actually featuring the quote/tweet. I just can't understand that level of thinking.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The tweet is an accurate description but if Poots thinks that description denigrates the 1916 Rising he clearly is an idiot.

The 1916 rebels were spurred into action by the firstly the suspension of Home Rule and later the disastrous casualties suffered by Irishmen fighting in the British Army.
    The hard-line republican clique who planned the rebellion had been persuaded to go along with the drive for Home Rule in the early 20th century which fell at the last post when World War I broke out.
    Convinced that the British could no longer be trusted they began planning rebellion in 1914.
    The massive casualties suffered by Irishmen who joined the British Army further discredited John Redmond.
    The will of the Irish people had been clearly been usurped prompting the men of 1916 to subvert British rule and declare an Irish Republic.
    The rebellion was a heroic failure.
    The subsequent groundswell of Irish nationalists away from Home Rule and behind Republican program of the Irish Volunteers and Sinn Féin proved the men of 1916 right.

The tweet is just a juvenile attempt to stoke up republican and nationalist anger and sadly it is succeeding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What an obnoxious retarded buffoon. Seriously, how backward are these dinosaurs. I can never understand how the nationalist community up there managed to put up with them over the years.
    Bringing reconciliation, mutual respect and cross community understanding to Northern Ireland through facts

Politics.ie Member InsideImDancing's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Unionist politico with the IQ of someone who believes the Universe is only 6000 years old shocker!
    Police ombudsman Nula O'loan - We found collusion on a massive scale, murders, intimidation, directing terrorism, attempted murder, drug smuggling, the list of crimes is endless..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This would be the same Poots who doesn't believe in carbon dating, dinosaurs and celebrates subversives himself such as the ousting of King James?

Aye right

For it being easter and the celebration of JC's return, the interwebs aren't exactly alight here in Norn Iron with christian love...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast