Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Archbishop Brady talking realistically

Politics.ie Member Darren J. Prior's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Archbishop Brady talking realistically

I like Cardinal Brady in Ireland and Archbishop Martin is of course a nice guy. I am delighted to hear of him talking realistically on Marian Finucane today. I didn't hear the interview live I just read the RTÉ news website report. With nice guys in the church from top to bottom I welcome the Catholic Church and all other realistic churches playing a role nationally on all major issues nationally- of course they should be involved on issues on the ground locally also.

If a lot more of their members get involved locally in all communities and engage and speak out I for one will be delighted and agree that the Catholic Church should have a Government Ambassador.

As you may know Fianna Fáil are in favour of us having an Ambassador to the country again. If a lot more members of the Catholic Church do not engage though I for one and I know many agree will continue to think that they do not deserve an Ambassador despite having many good representatives, our Cardinal and Archbishop included.

I suppose the Catholic Church in Ireland like all churches are like the biggest political parties. The "do-ers" generally are nice but they have a lot of hangers on who give the church a bad name.

The chances of the Pope even encouraging the same hangers-on to be good, true Christians in the mold or similar to Jesus Christ himself like of Enda Kenny encouraging the hangers on in Fine Gael to be good republicans is minuscule and the Pope probably doesn't bother much with them understandably but given what Pope Francis proclaimed of what he wants the church to be like when he was ordained and the realistic talk from Archbishop Martin today I look forward to Catholic Church representatives speaking out more in the media.

Hopefully a lot more churches members will try to be good Christians because although I for one would like Micheál Martin to be our Taoiseach some day his backing of the Catholic Church having an Ambassador is a significant reason for me to not want him be as of today. I hope a lot more Catholic Church members like all churches members will try to become good Christians though and that An Taoiseach and the leaders and a lot of the members generally in all the mainstream parties engage more with the churches and respect and value their opinions.

Martin calls for education cutbacks review - RTÉ News

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Game on here, i will watch this thread with interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren J. Prior View Post
    I look forward to Catholic Church representatives speaking out more in the media.
    Pshaw! If they speak out any more, the country's laryngologists won't be able to cope.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Personally I dislike that despicable cunnt Brady, anyone who colludes in covering up child abuse is a bollox!
    There's a lot to be said for the fellow who doesn't say it himself. -- Maurice Switzer

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Brady said that he wasnt in a position to tell or warn the parents of the victims of Fr. Brendan Smyth because of the culture of the time.

Yet he persided over graphic interviews with teenage boys without the consent or knowledge of their parents.

What about your moral compass your sick ************************?!!

The man trotted out the excuse that he was but a lonely ignorant cleric in the diocese yet at that stage would have had a third level education.

He said he didnt understand with sexual abuse was but know full well what questions to ask! anal sex, buggery etc.

The man is a hyocrite and a charlatan.

The man and his organisation are beyond reproach and have zero credibility.
    Jog on catholic church, your time is at an end.
    Last edited by SKELLY; 31st March 2013 at 12:19 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sean Brady is an utter chunt!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Teabag View Post
    Sean Brady is an utter chunt!
    In the same way the catolic curc are.
    Racism = fear, low self-esteem and breath-taking ignorance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I see the usual in depth analysis is being offered. I have a new version of turning the other cheek - ignore them

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well when this issue comes up in about 30 years time, the issue, being Bradys disgusting cover up of these events. We the public cannot use the excuse, THAT WE DID NOT KNOW ABOUT IT..........We all know now, and this excuse for a human being, is allowed to continue in office at our behest.......What does this, make us as a people.......... Sad-Sad-Sad.........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Darren, you have created the perfect thread for bigots and Catholicphobes to spew their hatred.

The only thing they have.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast